It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety and family

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
    Keranni98
    (female)

Keranni98 HB User
    Anxiety and family

Hey guys. I just need some advice here. I have a long story with anxiety and panic attacks (since I was 10 in fact). I am studying away from my family and I go back every summer.

My parents for about 3 years are having some issues. They don't divorce because my brothers and sisters are still very young. I don't know if this is a good option. They never talked to me about their issues. They just live in the same house, barely talking and when they talk, they always end up fighting.

This condition triggers my anxiety much more. I feel like I have no air when I am there. I also argue a lot with my mum, and often we don't talk to each other for days. I am thinking maybe this summer I wouldn't go back and instead, stay here, find a job and be by myself for this summer. But I am going to miss my friends back home. Also my family wants me back and they are always asking me when I am going back to them.

I feel like they will be very sad if I announce them such a thing. This whole situation makes me much more anxious than I already am.

😧😧😧😧

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2019, 06:43 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Anxiety and family

You have to do what is right for you...it doesn't matter if your mom is sad (if you dont go back) what is more important is your health.

Ask a friend if you can stay with them- visit your mom knowing you have a place to go to when things get rough OR stay where you are and take a weekend to go home, but knowing you have a place to come back to.

Unfortunately their problems are NOT your problems and you have to put yourself first. IT wont be easy, but this is a grown up decision and you sound like you are a grown up.

Good luck!

Reply Reply