It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• GLEN CAMPBELL - LEXAPRO made me do it....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-27-2003, 12:36 PM   #1
    Dixie Chick
    (female)

Dixie Chick HB User
    GLEN CAMPBELL - LEXAPRO made me do it....

Campbell Blames DUI Arrest on Anxiety Drug

Wednesday November 26, 2003 1:35pm

Phoenix (AP) - Glen Campbell blamed his drunken-driving arrest this week on the accidental mixing of alcohol and a prescription anti-anxiety drug.

"I'm taking Lexapro and you can't have alcohol with it, and I did. I forgot. That's just it in a nutshell really,"
    the country music star told the East Valley Tribune on Tuesday, the day after his arrest in Phoenix.

Campbell, 67, said he's been taking the medication to treat anxiety for the past seven or eight months.

The singer, whose hits include "Rhinestone Cowboy," was arrested Monday at his home after a collision at a Phoenix intersection in which nobody was injured. A witness had followed the car, called police and directed them to the home, police said.

While in custody, police said Campbell became angry and kneed an officer, who was not injured.

The Delight, Ark., native was freed early Tuesday on $2,000 bail on charges of extreme drunken driving and hit and run. He also was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer, but did not have to post bond for that count.

Breath tests showed Campbell had a blood-alcohol level of 0.20, according to court documents. Extreme drunken driving applies when results are above 0.15 percent. The legal limit for Arizona drivers is 0.08 percent.

The Grammy-winning singer has said previously he decided to quit using alcohol and drugs. He told The Arizona Republic that he "fell off the wagon" Monday. "I think that old wagon, if I fall off it again, it'll run me right over."

I take Lexapro for depression and I know you shouldn't mix it with alcohol. I didn't know Lexapro was for anxiety. Anybody take it for that?

Dixie Chick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2003, 07:25 PM   #2
    Forrester
    Inactive

Forrester HB User
    Re: GLEN CAMPBELL - LEXAPRO made me do it....

I've never taken it. Maybe someone else here has. I didn't think it was for anxiety because I think I know the anxiety ones-Paxil, Remeron, Effexor.

No one should drink at all when they are on any antianxiety or antidepressant medication. Luckily I went sober a few years before I went on meds-or else I would be ****** and feel like I was missing out! But I already had my drinking years.

It must be very hard for people on antidepressants especially in social situations, who want to drink, espec. in this society which looks at someone funny if they don't want to drink. It's hard to say "I'm on medication" because of the stigma.

Anyway, no matter what happened, Glen was busted. He could have hurt people. Luckily, he didn't. Maybe this will be a wakeup call for him. Did you see his mug shot?! He looks mad! And he looks very worn, how I feel I look - ugh.

Old 11-29-2003, 12:06 AM   #3
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Now folks, here is a prime example of a man who has a huge ego and is in big denial.

"Not my fault...."

When he was charged for beating up Tanya Tucker oh so many years ago, it was the booze that made him do it.

He's a victim of himself and has the media to spread his "Woe is me" story.

Ain't we all heard it a million times before?

Give me a break!

quincy

Old 11-29-2003, 12:16 PM   #4
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

.2 is a lot of alcahol

Closed Thread