It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Salt Craving & Losing Faith in Doctors

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-10-2003, 08:12 PM   #1
    Ed1944
    Inactive
    (male)

Ed1944 HB User
    Question Salt Craving & Losing Faith in Doctors

I am curious if others with anxiety disorders have a strong craving for salt? It is big time for me! I salt soups, dip pretzels in salt. I can't satisfy the craving for it. It seems to be driven by the anxiety and panic. It doesn't appear to affect me. I thought perhaps the body being under stress for so long exhaust the sodium supply. Pretty far out idea. Going to post this in the Panic Board also.

My medications are not working. Called the doctor and of course talked to the nurse who passed my concerns on. She calls back awhile later that "he (doctor) will discuss my meds at my next visit". Well the next appointment is the last week in January. No direction on what to do in the mean time. Buspar is not working, the Remeron was to strong (like taking ten cups of coffee before bed). Just venting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 02:21 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Salt Craving & Losing Faith in Doctors

havent heard of the salt craving, the remeron dose could be reduced for a while, perhaps by cuting the tablet

buspar is only a tranquilliser and doesnt do much for anxiety, try to get some valium, much better

Old 03-18-2005, 09:43 AM   #3
    oceans412
    (female)

oceans412 HB User

Hi,

I suffer from the same salt craving that you mentioned... I eat RIDICULOUS quantities of salt, and yet my blood pressure is extremely low... Doctors are unable to explain this. I've tried to stop, but my food just tastes AWFUL without it... Is any of this similar to your experience?

One doctor mentioned it might be caused by well butrin. Do you think your medications might be causing it?

Would like to discuss this further because I'm so glad I'm not the only person who had this problem! It's embarressing!

Old 03-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #4
    annemv
    Veteran
    (female)

annemv HB User

Salt craving and anxiety can be symptoms of adrenal gland disorders.

Closed Thread