It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Restoril for Annieof5 information

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-28-2003, 11:27 PM   #1
    Some12
    Senior Veteran

Some12 HB User
    Post Restoril for Annieof5 information

Dear Annieof5,
    I just could not stay away for a week and saw your post about Restoril. Restoril is a Benzo but is in the class of hypnotics which is more for sleep disorders, where as xanax and Klonopin are in the class of anxiolytics, which work more for anti-anxiety. Ambien, is a sedative sleep agent also in the class of hypnotics but not a benzo. Some people have some really weird hallucinations on this though. 20mg of Restoril is approximately equivilant to 0.5mg of xanax although the workings being similiar, effects are as stated above. Restoril is not designed for use as Nyxin said for over 7 to 10 days. It is a temporary solution and if it is not working I would get something that does. No since in taking two benzos even if they are a little different or a medication that does not work for you. Just wanted to get you some info and wish you strength in dealing with this situiation of your loss again.

Sincerely thinking of you,

Sickman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2003, 07:32 AM   #2
    housemum
    (female)

housemum HB User
    Re: Restoril for Annieof5 information

Thanks sickman,

The Restoril was for my husband and they came in .15 ml capsual. They really didn't work that well for him.

He is now just using hydroxpine (a strong anti-histimine) and that seems to work better for him for sleep.

I'm just taking what i knows works for me and that is xanax.

I was given some ativan, saying it would last longer. But I can't really tell. I've been kind of of mess emotionally. Just trying to get by one min at a time.

Thanks for the info.

Closed Thread