It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Klonopin- half of one .05---1st time, what to expect?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2004, 07:42 PM   #1
    cba321

cba321 HB User
    Klonopin- half of one .05---1st time, what to expect?

hey guys, i filled my prescription for .5mg of klonopin today and tonight started feeling like the anxiety was going to start up, so i took half of one of my .5mg to see what would happen. What normally happens the first few times you take this? i only took half because i wanted to see the effects before i took a whole one. i was feeling better than i have been today before i took the pill, and only took it because i started feeling like anxiety attack was comming, but i could have been feeling like that because i was thinking that since today went well it must going to go bad tonight... let me know what gennerally happens when you take this drug at this dose and your experiences with it-- thanks

Matt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2004, 02:20 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Klonopin- half of one .05---1st time, what to expect?

I agree with what you have done as the side effects of these valium type meds are different for everyone, some feel drugged or drunk until they get used to them, some are made very sleepy at first, and some have no side effects at all, just feeling calm and relaxed

carry a few tablets with you when out, they work fastest if disloved under the tongue, often just knowing you have the tablets is enough to calm you

Old 05-31-2004, 08:05 PM   #3
    shawn20k

shawn20k HB User

I take Klonopin for anxiety and nervousness with eye contact. I just started and am also only taking .5mg. It Seems to help a lot for my anxiety except when it comes to eye contact, I still get a great deal of anxiety. I was wondering if I went up in dose that maybe it will also help with that. Klonopin is for anxiety and anxiety symptoms. .5MG helps me a lot with anxiety but not a ton with symptoms. Do you have to go to your Doctor everytime that you want to up a dose or can you just call and do it or what to save money? I ask because klonopin doses go from .5mg to 1mg to 1.5mg all the way to 2mg. I dont really want to make a trip to the doc all the time, trying to figure out what dose will help with both anxiety and symptoms.

Old 06-01-2004, 10:41 PM   #4
    shawn20k

shawn20k HB User

as for starting Klonopin I only felt slight sedation for the first day, I felt a slight shift of weight lol. That was it and it went away really quick.

Old 06-02-2004, 03:47 AM   #5
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

a klonapin dose of 1 mg is typical for anxiety, giving relief for about 4 to 6 hours, some take 2mg, some lots more, but the higher you go, the higher risk of tollerance and addiction arises

Closed Thread