It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Fish Oil Worked for Me !!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-07-2004, 07:18 AM   #1
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User
    Cool Fish Oil Worked for Me !!

There are more studies related to the use of fish oil in the treatment of bipolar disorder, unipolar depression, and schizophrenia than there are for ANY of the drugs doctors prescribe for these disorders. I started with 4 softgels a day (1 gram softgels, available and inexpensive at any Sam's Club, Costco, Walmart, or KMart); if, after two weeks, you don't feel a difference, try raising it. Researchers have tested fish oil at doses as high as 21 grams a day; you probably won't need more than 11, and may need no more than 4.

Your doctor won't tell you about fish oil, and may even lie (as mine did) and tell you there are no alternatives to drugs. Pharmaceutical companies don't hold patents on fish oil, so they can't charge you $800 a month like they do with their other drugs. One or two month's supply of fish oil will cost you $6.50-$8.50 at the stores I just mentioned, and all brands carried at these stores are fairly consistent and effective. The brand I use is GNC's Fish Body Oils with GLA after researching their brands.
    Please give it a try. It's a lifesaver.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2004, 03:39 PM   #2
    Romantic Hero

Romantic Hero HB User
    Re: Fish Oil Worked for Me !!

Hi Susan.

I read your post and went out and bought some fish oil. Will try it for a few weeks and see what kind of results I get.

However, what symptoms did you have? And did these symptoms disappear? As with anxiety, for me anyway, the symptom is the the problem.

Thanks.

Old 10-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User

hi, I Do hope it works for you and that you post in a couple weeks. My symptoms were all that come with anxiety including the gastro intestinal stuff. To be honest, that Major problem vanished on trips after we bought a small motorhome. But I still had nervousness in certain places like drugstores ! And libraries. Claustrophobia might be another word for what I had in those places.
    I got the 1,000mg gelcaps, quite large and take 2 a day. One thing about supplements: you can't just take a tiny bit and have them work. I can't wait to hear if these help you. Anxiety is, for me, a terrible thing. And it's unexplainable to those who have never had it. Good Luck !!!

Old 10-08-2004, 05:08 PM   #4
    BiBi57

BiBi57 HB User

Fish Oil is also very good for heart and circulatory problems, high cholestoral, and autoimmune diseases, among others, so you can't lose!

Old 10-09-2004, 07:52 AM   #5
    Romantic Hero

Romantic Hero HB User

Hi SusanGene.

My symptoms have been rooted in a tight, [URL=http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=213968]tense throat[/URL]

I also got the 1,000mg gelatin caps. I'm going to start by taking 3 a day as recommended on the bottle.

I've been trying everything since I noticed my anxiety a little under a year ago. Seen doctor's about my throat. Fine. Tried voice exercises and will be seeing a voice therapist. Don't think that's the root, totally.

Now, I started a book called Hope and Help for Your Nerves by Claire Weekes. So far, it's dead on (though I don't have all the symptoms). The ideas.

Anxiety is a fear of the symptoms of fear, even after the intial fear has long passed. She'd dead on! Have you read it?

And I will definitely post results with the fish oil and anything else I experiment with that yield some results.

Cheers!

Last edited by Romantic Hero; 10-09-2004 at 07:55 AM.

Old 10-09-2004, 08:07 AM   #6
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User

Hi! No; I've not read it . I've heard of it. Anxiety being the fear of the symptoms of fear may well be correct but knowing that doesn't do anything for the problem. Or the cause. I now Have No fear of the fear symptoms; that fear went away. It is not normal for a person to live life fearing fear's symptoms. We need to do all in our power to Stop the madness. I tried Xanax and Valium. After a few months I think the Xanax made it worse.
    The fear Increased like it didn't Want medications to work! I felt betrayed at first and then I figured out that if pills worked there would be no more anxiety. But there was. So I kept reading and found the fish oils. With mine it says to take one or two daily with EACH meal so 2 shouldn't have been enough. I also started on cal/mag.
    Sometimes I think my brain chemicals were very messed up from past stress.
    And that supplements can straighten out those chemicals. Who knows?
    I'm going to take a fish oil gelcap right now!!! Keep us posted!!

Closed Thread