It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Derealization/Depersonalization

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2004, 09:14 PM   #16
    fmor76

fmor76 HB User
    Re: Derealization/Depersonalization

Wow. For the past couple of months I've been experiencing alot of anxiety, especially at night when I'm trying to go to sleep. I lay in bed and my mind just explodes with stress and my chest starts to feel tight, almost like I can't breath. Whats crazy is that I have been experiencing (only while in bed at night) a strange feeling of almost dizziness or a feeling of coming out of my body. I didn't realize that this had a name until I was reading here tonight some about derealization/depersonalization. Its almost like the stress makes me so tense and anxious that my mind wants to release me from the tight chest and shallow breathing and i feel a out of body type feeling. Its wierd. I didn't know it had a name.

And it brings back memories when I was a little girl I think I was having these episodes as well. I remember walking down the hall in my house and having a dizzy/lightheaded experience where I'd have to lean against the wall, close my eyes, and I felt very lightheaded in a severe way.

I've always had anxiety, never saw a doctor/therapist. Never have taken medicine. I just deal with it I guess. Kind of all started after my mother died of cancer when I was 12. I'm 28 now and still feel loads of anxiety.

any relaxation treatments or suggestions??? I don't want to take medicine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2004, 07:48 PM   #17
    blownawish
    (male)

blownawish HB User

yeah I used to get this. It really is a precurser to a panic attack, basically. you start to breathe really fast, your body doesn't get the oxygen it needs. I was convinced I was having some paranormal/out of body ****, but when I read how the symptoms I had were the exact same people get before or after fainting, I came to my senses and realized I just freaked myself out. I would have fainted if I hadn't snapped out of it.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:13 PM   #18
    screamoboy86

screamoboy86 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karigirl
    I feel like im living in a world inside my mind . I do things normally so other people dont notice, but inside my mind everything seems weird to me, and i cant figure out what life is...i freak myself out with thoughts and that leads to me panicking..but i never show it.
    wow, that's a great explination as to how a feel a lot of the time. the whole "living inside your own mind" thing.

Old 11-10-2004, 02:15 AM   #19
    Josh McGrath
    Inactive

Josh McGrath HB User

derealization/depersonalication is really making me scared. Does it ever go away?!

EDIT: Just read some posts. They had said that it went away for them after medication set in.

Last edited by Josh McGrath; 11-10-2004 at 02:18 AM.

Old 11-11-2004, 08:41 AM   #20
    screamoboy86

screamoboy86 HB User

What kind of meds?

Old 11-11-2004, 11:55 PM   #21
    Josh McGrath
    Inactive

Josh McGrath HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamoboy86
    What kind of meds?

Dont know. The poster didnt say. Im assuming another SSRI.

Closed Thread