It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• LEXAPRO testimonials!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2005, 02:41 PM   #1
    carey646
    (female)

carey646 HB User
    Question LEXAPRO testimonials!!

Lexapro is supposed to be side effect free. (so they say!)....anybody tried it for panic/anxiety? Did it work? How long did it take to work? Weight gain? other side effects?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #2
    Destiny81583
    Inactive
    (female)

Destiny81583 HB User
    Re: LEXAPRO testimonials!!

I've been on lexapro going on 9 months now, to help with my anxiety. It started taking effect after around a month. I have gained 30lbs since i've been on it...but it does work great. I guess I just have to exercise and eat differently if I am going to take it.
    I have also noticed a decrease in libido.

Old 01-20-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

I've been on lexapro 10 mg for about 4 weeks and 20 mg for the last few days...it definately helped me with the panic attacks, I'm not sure yet about the anxiety/moodiness...I do notice I am always hungry and can never seem to get full. The only reason I say this is because that is not the norm for me. Most of my friend who are on lexapro swear by it and they have not gained any weight from it...they have been on it at least for a year. I am not sure yet if it is the lexapro making me hungry or the fact that I may be pmdd which would make me more hungry. (a more severe form of pms) Good luck to you and stay positive about it!

Old 01-21-2005, 01:09 PM   #4
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

lexapro is a fairly new prozac type med and so hopefully has fewer side effects

some people get no side effects from antidepressant meds
    lexapro isnt free of them for everyone, sadly

if doc is enthusiastic about a med, some of this can rub off on to the patient and actually make the med work better

Old 01-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #5
    Renee123
    (female)

Renee123 HB User

I have been on Lexapro 40mg for almost 3 yrs. I was on Celexa 40mg until they weaned me to Lexapro, due to side effects, at 40mg. Since Lexapro was not offered in 40mg pills, they had me taking 2, 20mg a day, for my Anxiety.
    Lexapro has really been great! No anxiety!

Only warning.....yes I did gain weight (but that could have been from stress, etc.). Also, it has given me the ability to live in an enviornment, that I would normally not live in (Caotic, husband addicted to speed & which started the anxiety to begin with, was my constant trying to fix everything).

Now I am weaning off Lexapro. 2 weeks now. Horrible side effects while weaning off. Electric shocks, mood swings, depression, but.....so far no anxiety attacks! But weaning off still hurts.
    Weaning needs to be done by your doctor with Lexapro.
    Due to me losing health ins, I have to wean off, and my doctor gave me Paxil to wean off the Lexapro. So I feel that it is cold turkey. He only told me to take 10mg Paxil a day for 8 days.
    That is not good enough to wean. Give yourself 2 mths with full heath ins.

Lexapro did work for me & my anxiety attacks! Which is all I could have asked for in life at that time. If I never have an Anxiety attack again.....it would be way to soon.

I just procaution the weaning of Lexapro.

Good Luck. Life is way to short to live with anxiety. It can be treated. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. It is not a sign of weakness (like I originally thought it was). Do the Belly Breathing....it really does work. Hot bathes with belly breathing.

Old 01-23-2005, 09:19 AM   #6
    collette123

collette123 HB User

I have just started on 10mg of Lexapro a day about 2 weeks ago! So far so good. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to tell her how I am doing on it. I am taking it for my GAD. It has definetly helped with my moodiness, and I have not had any adverse side effects. I am taking Klonopin with it until my body adjusts, but so far so good. Good luck with it and give it a chance.
    Collette

Old 01-23-2005, 07:34 PM   #7
    Time2Heal
    (female)

Time2Heal HB User

I have been on Lexapro (after trying every other med available-and not getting good results) for two weeks. I can already tell a huge difference and I love it so far!!!!! I hope it stays this way!!! Good luck to all of you!
    Caytie!

Closed Thread