It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• not anxiety, but i'm desperate for someone who understands. i dont.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2005, 05:33 PM   #16
    Stacia
    (female)

Stacia HB UserStacia HB User
    Re: not anxiety, but i'm desperate for someone who understands. i dont.

Knuckledown - If you have a thyroid problem it is nothing to worry about at all. It's completely controlled with meds. The worst part is that you have to give a blood test to check it and you may have to be on meds the rest of your life. I can handle that if it makes me feel good.

The thyroid is located in the middle of the front of your neck. It is in the shape of a butterfly. Some people what they call nodules on their thyroid which is a bump that one can feel.

I honestly think that everyone should get their thyroid checked. It should be part of your regular checkup. I found out about my thyroid problem because I started to have anxiety/panick attacks out of the blue. Weird stuff. Anxiety is no picnic and I feel for all those people who live with that every day.

Go get it checked girl!! You never know. And if that's your problem you could be feeling good again real soon. I suggest that you have your TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 checked. Alot of docs just want to test the TSH but you really should have them all tested. Let me know your results. Take care hun!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #17
    Timber
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

KnuckleDown, I agree with your assessment of yourself. You sound like an unusual, interesting and compassionate person, and I have a question for you: What is the best thing that one of your friends could do for you? You can't bring yourself to talk to them, to keep in touch. What do you wish they would say or do to help you?

Old 01-24-2005, 10:12 PM   #18
    KnuckleDown
    (female)

KnuckleDown HB User

thanks stacia. but do the lumps i mentioned on my neck sound like they might be at all related to the thyroid? b/c i don't have anything unusual on my neck where my thyroid is, just the ones i mentioned. i dont have health insurance right now but i should be getting it back soon. i think i will go to the doctor and get it checked out. i guess it's just hard for me to even really feel like this might be the answer to my problem. i dont even want to get my hopes built up, because i've done that before. but ever since realizing the thyroid condition is a possibility and reading the symptoms, i've felt differently. i feel like i'm just surrendering. not in bad way, in a good way. like i'm finally realizing that maybe i dont have control over this. something is wrong with me, wrong with my head, wrong with my thyroid, wrong with something. and it simply isn't going to go away on its own no matter how hard i try, no matter how good of a person that i remind myself i am, i just cant do this anymore on my own. and i cried for real today for the first time in the longest time i can remember. because before, when i would cry, i would think to myself-you don't even have the right to cry, you do this to yourself. but today, i felt like i had the right. i think that means something. if this thyroid thing isn't the problem, i dont know what i'm going to do. and i'm surprised at myself even thinking it may be a medical condition, because i simply didn't think that there was a medical condition that could make me feel like this, since its not exactly depression or anxiety or anything like that, its a constant fog. it's not being able to hold a conversation for 5 minutes because you're just lost. just completely lost. all the time, no matter where you are or who you're with. and if i'm still like this when i'm 30, my life will have been wasted. i've already wasted five years. i'm so tired.

Timber: i really wish i could tell you what i wish one of my friends would do for me. but the truth is, there's nothing they could do for me. anything that will be done has to come from me. i mean every person i meet tries to break the surface, tries to get inside me, to get to know me. its not their fault that it isnt happening. its mine. i dont let it happen. or my condition or whatever the hell it is, doesn't let it happen. i've hurt so many people, so many great people, friends i grew up with, by not ever returning their calls or going to see them when they ask. its terrible i know, and i'm still doing it today to the few friends who still bother to call me. if i was them, i'd hate me. but they keep trying cause i know they see that person inside of me that i see sometimes too. very rarely, but i do see her. and it just reminds me of how much i miss her. anyways enough of this. i just want help.

Closed Thread