It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• 4 days on Paxil....can you stop "cold" now w/o probs?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2005, 06:52 AM   #1
    turl

turl HB User
    4 days on Paxil....can you stop "cold" now w/o probs?

Me again.....sorry. My husband still isn't doing well and that is adding to his anxiety. He is still feeling the weird side-effects from yesterday morning's pill, 24 hours later. He doesn't want to take it anymore, but wonders if he needs to still take half a dose to "taper" off today......or has it been such a short time that it won't really matter (he's had 4 days on it--10 mg, 5 mg, 5 mg--did semi-okay on 5 mg--and yesterday back to 10 mg).

Thank you again.

Tab

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 07:14 AM   #2
    laurabell
    Inactive

laurabell HB User
    Re: 4 days on Paxil....can you stop "cold" now w/o probs?

i stopped cold after 6 days and no withdrawal

Old 01-24-2005, 08:03 AM   #3
    turl

turl HB User

Thank you! That's what he finally decided to do. We just didn't want to make things any worse, as we're really worried about his reaction to it.

Old 01-24-2005, 09:02 AM   #4
    hayley0610
    Inactive
    (female)

hayley0610 HB User

hi tabs, my stopping advice comes a bit too late but it wouldve been ok to stop. i too took 1 paxil and it was horrible for me!! i felt it up to a week after i had taken it it was that bad!! but can i suggest a med that seems to have very little side effects as well as really good effects longterm, and its a med i took called celexa. for about 2 weeks you can tell ur on soemthing but all it is is a bit of forgetfullness, yawning and being tired and other than that i hardly felt anything,and i feel high when i take tylenol!! so i react to meds like crazy. this drug will also help him with his problems. some meds and perhaps this one could make him feel worse for a while, a lot of them are like that but if he keeps up with it it will go away. and it really helps with depression, anxiety and all around mood.

Old 01-24-2005, 09:21 AM   #5
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

these bad reactions to antidepressants do happen to anxiety sufferers but some docs wont believe it
    paxil is a prozac or SSRI type, another type may work better and could be tried later

with a bad reaction the patient often never goes back to the doc so he never learns what happened

Closed Thread