It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Pressure in right side base of skull

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2005, 03:45 AM   #1
    Evonne667
    (female)

Evonne667 HB User
    Pressure in right side base of skull

Hi All

Does anyone get severe pressure on base of skull constantly due to anxiety. As I am a constant worrier that there is something else going on. I do suffer with TMJ due to constant clenching of teeth. But this pressure feeling base of skull is really getting to me now. It is there from the moment I wake up all day, everyday. I am taking 75mg elavil, for approx 6 weeks but it doesn't seem to do anything for me other than lift depression but not the physical symptoms.

Please someone reply with advice or some reassurance, as it feels like I am cracking up with worry.

Thanks in advance

Evonne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 05:29 AM   #2
    tyna
    (female)

tyna HB User
    Re: Pressure in right side base of skull

talk to your doctor your meds are not right for you if you are still plagued with constant worry.I know its hard to live with but once the cause is treated(anxiety) the clenching will let up and so will the other syptoms, it felt as though all my mucsles were to short in my neck and back, it caused tension headaches and muscle pain but once i started sleeping better with no clenching i started feeling better in the morning
    Tyna

Old 01-27-2005, 07:22 AM   #3
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

try rubbing or massaging the area

books on overcoming worry have useful advice

Last edited by hry33; 01-27-2005 at 07:23 AM.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:55 PM   #4
    islandkate
    (female)

islandkate HB User

Mabee you are just tensing up. You should try some rexation techniques , or as another said, massage.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:34 AM   #5
    Evonne667
    (female)

Evonne667 HB User

Thank you all for your replies

Rebecca, all this started from I sinus infection 6 months ago. I have had a sinus xray and the docs said it was clear. This was after I took 2 weeks of antibiotics.

The tension as really began when I went to the Emergency Room when I was having a bad headache and stiff neck which didn't clear with over counter pain killers. They thought I had meningitis, but with all the tests that was cleared as not being meningitis.

So really since then I have been tensed up, checking body for rashes, searching on internet for different illnesses to every twinge, pain I had. Of course it came up with the most serious diseases.

I am in process of thinking I have Arnold Chiari Malformation, and awaiting a CT Scan, because the neurologist doesn't think my symptoms will clear up until I have had any serious illnesses ruled out. As my father passed away with a subachnoid haemorrage, and I have never really come to terms with it.

Thanks again

Evonne

Old 01-28-2005, 03:34 PM   #6
    Evonne667
    (female)

Evonne667 HB User

Thats true rebecca, it feels like I can come here and vent a little and believe it or not, it actually makes me feel better until the next day and it starts all over again.

I hope one day we can put an end to all this worry and enjoy life to the full because one thing we all know.....life is too short :-(

Evonne

Old 01-30-2005, 07:09 PM   #7
    Kimme81

Kimme81 HB User

Hey everybody. I am sorry you are all going thru this, because I also have been plagued with this terrible pressure on the left side of my head and face behind my eyes. I've been sufferring on & off with anxiety since this past summer & it seems like, even when I am not having any physical symptoms (heart palpatations, shakiness, muscle tension, etc.), I still have this head pressure. I am in the process of getting a lot of work done on my teeth, so I know that could possibly be infecting my sinuses, and I also grind & clench my teeth when I sleep so I know that my TMJ is probably really messed up, but for whatever reason, despite the fact that I already had a ct scan which came back normal, I am still convinced there is something else wrong. And I am afraid to go to the doctor because I do not want to go on anxiety meds. I guess I kinda feel like I am just masking the problem & not really dealing with the cause if I take meds. Well... thanks for listening. Any input into this situation would be greatly appreciated. Hope you are all doing well! Thanks
    KIM

Closed Thread