It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Zypexa for anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #1
    Bill17724

Bill17724 HB User
    Zypexa for anxiety

My dr prescribed zypexa for anxiety. It seems to work some, but makes me pretty sleepy. Has anyone else been on this med for the same reason. Did it work or help your anxiety. I would appreciate any comments on this drug, as I'm just not sure how it's working for me. I'm not psycotic or anything, I just suffer from depression and anxiety. Does anyone have any other ideas that aren't benzos. I got in trouble with benzos in the past and my Dr won't prescribe them for me anymore. Thanks for your help.

Bill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
    CLAUDIA2005
    (female)

CLAUDIA2005 HB User
    Cool Re: Zypexa for anxiety

Hey. I am on Tranxene 7.5 mg a day - i half dosing now. It doesn't make you sleepy, I take it in the morning and I work, have a four year old and it doesn't interfere. It takes a few days to work, but it doesn't make you addictive. I never yearn for it. I have had the slight heart skipping event and it does make me worried, but a full ECHO and EKG were normal. It is purely emotional. Ask for Tranxene. You wouldn't want what the old-timers use like valium and xanax.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User
    Re: Zypexa for anxiety

Hi Bill17724, I was also prescribed zyprexa 2.5mg every 12 hours for anxiety. I am not psychotic or depressed. He just thinks this would work well for the anxiety. There are lots of mixed opinions about this medication,but I really want something that will work. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing with it. Kelly

Old 01-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
    Bill17724

Bill17724 HB User

Claudia

Thanks for the input. The problem with Tranzene is it is a benzodiazipine like valium and xanax. They are very addictive and I want to stay away from them. You are taking a small dose of tranzene so it probably won't be a problem with addiction for you. Thanks for responding.

I got into trouble with valium a few years ago and it took months of hell to get off of it. But, I am fine now without it, but I don't want to go back to that class of drugs. I would appreciate anyone's choice of alternatives to a benzodiazapin. Thanks

Bill

Old 01-27-2005, 11:32 PM   #5
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

zyprexa and other antipsychotics are of some help for anxiety for some people

Old 01-28-2005, 12:25 PM   #6
    worrywort
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

I was on an antipsychotic for a while called seroquil, I am totally against docs giving this to anxiety patients! they can cause a lot of long term effects. I have a friend with schizophrenia and he takes zyprexa, He gained 60 pounds while on the med. This is only my opinion, it may work very well for some, And when you feel miserable anything is worth a try.
    carly

Closed Thread