It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2005, 10:25 AM   #16
    joseywalesr1
    (male)

joseywalesr1 HB User
    Re: Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

I am like alot of people on this topic. HEALTH!!!!!!!!!!! I have every symptom you ever heard and my mind makes up a few of its own just to keep it fresh. Ive had the fear of MS for the better part of a month, have seen four different doctors and been to the ER twice since Xmas and all I keep hearing from evryone is, "have you seen a counselour, this is anxiety related" It sucks but we will all get thru this, no doubt. While I got your attention, has anyone ever experienced ringing in the ears? Thats my symptom du jour. Peace

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2005, 11:07 AM   #17
    melaniekellison
    (female)

melaniekellison HB User

I just turned 30. I have 2 little girls. I worry mostly about my health. Every time I feel a new ache or pain, I worry that it is something life threatening. Right now I am being tested for Lupus or Rheumatoid arthritis. They believe I might have Fibromyalgia. I worry about all of that of course. If I don't have any aches or pains to worry about, I worry about something that "could" happen to me. I also worry about the health of my girls and all my loved ones. I can't imagine losing a child! That scares me to death. I am also terrified of something happening to me and my children would be without a mother. My 2 year old plays with my hair EVERY night to get to sleep and all I can keep thinking is "what if I died, what would she do to fall asleep at night?" Then I start crying and give myself a headache, then worry about my head hurting. I am so tired of worrying...I just want to be normal again.........if I ever was to begin with! I can't remember what it is like to have a "good" day with NOTHING to worry about. I pray that God will help me get over my anxiety one of these days.
    Melanie

Old 01-31-2005, 02:27 PM   #18
    jazzmatazz
    (female)

jazzmatazz HB User

I worry about my son going back to Iraq. I worry about my son getting married with a baby on the way after knowing someone only 2 months. I have had a hard time adjusting to a 2000 mile move. I'm not sure why, as I like the area. The work ethic is a little different, and people drive like they don't have brakes. (We were hit while sitting at a stop light.) Healthcare is different. Home prices are astronomical compared to what I'm used to. I have moved three times in the last year. I think we are finally settled, but right after we moved at Christmas I started having panic attacks. I'm now on Celexa which seems to be working all right except for bad reflux.

Old 01-31-2005, 05:10 PM   #19
    hillaryb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hillaryb HB User

ha, i dont usually pull my hair anymore, but it sometimes takes effort. If I get stressed, I will do that and it hurts the next day. Wierd. I just want to find the off switch to my brain so I can go to bed at night. And I would prefer to quit having dreams too-they are horrible!

Old 01-31-2005, 05:35 PM   #20
    sydneysmommie
    (female)

sydneysmommie HB User

I know what you mean Hillary! I have been on Zoloft for over 7 years! My doctor recently put me on Ambien and Xanax for sleeping. I like the drug induced sleep....Hence I still wake up during the night!

Call me nuts! But I have been taking natural GABA....and I have not taken the Zoloft in 2 days. I know they say DO NOT go cold turkey but I am trying it. I have to say, the GABA has prevented side effects! I still pull at least 2-3 days per week. It's not noticeable like when I was younger.

Does anyone feel like they are dying inside when they have so much anxiety? I use dying meaning....you have lost a part of yourself?

Old 01-31-2005, 05:37 PM   #21
    sydneysmommie
    (female)

sydneysmommie HB User

Fear of vomiting....

Anyone have this? I cannot figure out where this stems from? I never had a bad experience with getting sick. Is it about losing control?

Old 01-31-2005, 08:40 PM   #22
    qwerty1970
    (female)

qwerty1970 HB User

I worry about my job constantly because it's very stressful and I'm afraid my nerves will get so bad that someday I just won't be able to go back and then of course I worry about money. I earn a subsistence wage so I need this money to live. I don't worry about my health very much like most people here do. In fact I'm ashamed to say I almost wish I'd get sick so I'd have an excuse never to go back again. I'd give anything to just have a few months off to not worry and have some peace of mind. Horrible to say, I know. Vacation never helps. I just spend it worrying about what's piling up in my absence and what I didn't get to finish up before I left. I say to my mom that I wish I could just be a homemaker like she got to and her opinion is that I should earn as much as I can so I'll have a retirement (hubby's wouldn't amount to that much probably) fund. At this rate and the way I feel every day I don't plan on living that long. I know I should find another job but the anxiety of interviewing and possibly getting something even worse is keeping me from it.

Old 02-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #23
    luv2read
    Veteran
    (female)

luv2read HB User

I have health anxiety. I worry that my 2 boys will grow up and develop fibromyalgia too. My youngest one has already for a few yrs complains of his hands-fingers hurting while riding his motorcycle (he 9 yrs old). He hates hot weather, gets headaches real fast if it's too hot out. His feet start hurting if we're somewhere and we've been walking a lot (and he's not overweight at all).

There's always something to keep the mind worrying....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:52 PM   #24
    NancyH
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

NancyH HB User

Health is top priority and like Sunlover when I was younger I use to think I'm was too young to get that and now I can't console myself with that anymore. I have multi level medical conditions like osteoporosis, arthritis in neck, spine hands and knees, neuropathy from pernicious anemia, mvp ,GERD, cervical and lumbar stenosis, anyway you get the picture so that any "new" pain I think the worst instead of thinking something is just flaring up or acting differently etc. I worry constantly about my adult children and the grandkids as well, there just no stopping it once it gets going. If I have to travel out of town I get panic attacks just thinking about it let alone when I do go. I hate it, I tell everyone I create my own anxiety and I don't even know what "calm" feels like much cuz I think I've only been that way a half dozen times in the last 30 years. Everyone thinks I just have high energy for my age but in reality my head is exploding with worry so I keep busy. I get fleeting moments of calm now and then but never where it lasts even a day or more. My anxiety effects my life more than any other health condition really. I could deal with arthritis more if I didn't also have the anxiety affecting me all the time to.

Last edited by NancyH; 02-02-2005 at 06:58 PM.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:22 PM   #25
    CorieLynn
    (female)

CorieLynn HB User

I also have health anxiety. I constantly worry about having/developing heart problems, cancer, neurological disorders, etc. My everyday anxiety symptoms have lead me to hours of research on dozens of medical disorders...which obviously doesn't help my anxiety. Last week I was reading all I could on heart disease...this week it's lymphoma and other types of cancer. It's never-ending!

Old 02-02-2005, 07:42 PM   #26
    tkgoodspirit
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luv2read
    I have health anxiety. I worry that my 2 boys will grow up and develop fibromyalgia too. My youngest one has already for a few yrs complains of his hands-fingers hurting while riding his motorcycle (he 9 yrs old). He hates hot weather, gets headaches real fast if it's too hot out. His feet start hurting if we're somewhere and we've been walking a lot (and he's not overweight at all).

There's always something to keep the mind worrying....
    Do you have FM yourself? Recent research DOES show that FM is hereditary. My son, 25, just got dx'd with FM and I have had it for awhile. I was dx'd in 2002. The good thing about if your son's DO inherit FM from you, is that you will be able to help them learn to cope, and guide them in getting good treatment. Your username doesn't indicate whether you are female or male, but I can tell you this, FM is usually passed from mother to child.

I'll be wishing you good things for you and your boys. Your username indicates that you love to read. There are a lot of good books and newsletters out there for you to read up on FM. In my opinion, it has helped me be able to help my son by reading as much as I can about my condition.

Here's wishing you a good spirit.
    tk

Old 02-02-2005, 08:33 PM   #27
    naes

naes HB User

I too have health anxiety. I'm only 17. I am always worried about my heart health. I check my blood pressure way too much and everytime I check it, I am usually worried and many times my BP is somewhat elevated due to the worry and that throws me into a fit. My blood pressure is fine when I am calm, but I just can't believe that I am okay :P

I also worry about exercising -- I fear my body (cardio system) won't properly respond to exercise and something will happen to me.

I hate it

Old 02-02-2005, 09:09 PM   #28
    andoman
    (male)

andoman HB User

I'm glad I found this website today, because I thought I was going through this alone.
    I'm 36, eat right and stay in shape. But for some reason I always thinking the worst.
    When I look at other people who don't take care of themselves I wonder why the never feel the way I do. I wish for one week I can feel great and have no problems like headaches, eye pressure, worries all the time and just not 100% if you know what I mean. I had a bullseye rash about 2 months ago and went to the doctor who diagnosed it as Ringworm. But I worry that it might be Lymes disease and want to find the right doctor to get tested.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #29
    andoman
    (male)

andoman HB User

You're not alone. I do the same thing since my father had a mild heart attack a few years ago. The more you take it the higher it is, you just have to relax and forget about it for awhile. Take it every month or so and I bet you it will be lower...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by naes
    I too have health anxiety. I'm only 17. I am always worried about my heart health. I check my blood pressure way too much and everytime I check it, I am usually worried and many times my BP is somewhat elevated due to the worry and that throws me into a fit. My blood pressure is fine when I am calm, but I just can't believe that I am okay :P

I also worry about exercising -- I fear my body (cardio system) won't properly respond to exercise and something will happen to me.

I hate it

Old 02-02-2005, 09:43 PM   #30
    naes

naes HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by andoman

You're not alone. I do the same thing since my father had a mild heart attack a few years ago. The more you take it the higher it is, you just have to relax and forget about it for awhile. Take it every month or so and I bet you it will be lower...
    Thanks

Most kids my age don't even know their BP and really don't care. I wish I could just forget about it and focus on living a healthy lifestyle.

I know many ppl on here have no problem with visiting the doctor to get tests and such, but going to the doctor and getting tests are a big fear of mine because I'm very apprehensive of the results.

Last edited by naes; 02-02-2005 at 09:47 PM.

Closed Thread