It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-03-2005, 07:42 AM   #31
    mnmama
    (female)

mnmama HB User
    Unhappy Re: Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

I am always haveing anxiety about my kids health and well being. About driving with them in the car. About falling down the stairs while holding my daughter, about other people falling down the stairs while holding her. I have big issues with stairs. I sit and think of all the terrible things that could happen to my kids, I have very graphic pictures flash through my head and I can't stop them. I sometimes don't like any down time in my day because I can't stop the images.I am becoming a very over protective mom because of this. I always feel like a tightly wound spring about ready to unwind. I have anxiety over bills, money somedays and other days I feel like it s just money and could care less so mine is mostly over my kids.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 08:05 AM   #32
    keeree
    Inactive
    (female)

keeree HB User
    Re: Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

I have always worried extensively about my two children, ages 15 and 13. They think that I worry way too much about everything. I panic very easily and am constantly thinking about the worst outcome. I worry about them walking home or driving in cars with other people. I worry about something happening to them if they are home alone or if they go on a bike ride with their friends. They tell me to relax all the time. I honestly think that by worrying about the bad things that can happen will actually make me aware of them so they can't happen. Does this make sense? I want them to be aware but at the same time I don't want them to be scared to do things or hold back from having fun because of me. I don't know how I became like this. It never used to be this bad. Also, I never used to worry about my health but over the past year or so, I obsess over it. Every little ache and pain has me thinking I have some disease or something. I am quite positive that my anxiety is all perimenopause related, even though the doctors tell me my hormone levels are normal and they tell me that I'm too young (38) but I know my body and I know I have been going through changes.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:05 PM   #33
    melaniekellison
    (female)

melaniekellison HB User

Corielynn-
    I, too, do WAY TOO much computer research on symptoms and illnesses. Then, the next thing I know, I am having those symptoms. It is a never ending thing. I hate it. I wish I could stop, but I can't seem to.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:10 PM   #34
    sydneysmommie
    (female)

sydneysmommie HB User

Melanie I do that same thing! Boo on us! I must have 1,000,000 diseases! I have been looking up withdrawal symptoms from Zoloft and driving myself CRAZY!

Talk about causing anxiety...WE need to stop looking on the internet so much! I am addicted!

Old 02-03-2005, 09:39 PM   #35
    Jugi
    (female)

Jugi HB User

I see a trend here...I too worry about my health. I worry a lot about my anxiety and whether I will be able to deal with it during my lifetime or if it will get worse. I'm just finishing up school, so I also worry about finding a job and having a fulfilling career, and earning enough money to pay off my massive student loans. I worry a lot about family issues that are much too crazy and complicated to get into in this post.

I also worry a lot about people dying who are close to me. I had a friend killed in a car crash a couple of years ago and I just worry about somethig like that happening again.

I worry about getting older, and not having accomplished everything that I wanted to accomplish. I worry about getting older just because that means I won't be young any more. And I worry a lot about death in a general sense, because I have no idea what happens after that! I've actually worried myself physically sick thinking about things like that.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:39 PM   #36
    skools
    (female)

skools HB User

I have a severe anxiety to all medical procedures!! Even a needle/shot makes me hyperventilate. Fell down steps and had to get a CAT scan...passed out from catheter they put in my arm-then had a seizure I freaked myself out so bad!! Worst part is I just got dx with a thyroid disease (that means lots of taking blood!!!) {REMOVED} I KNOW it's all in my head but I can't help it!! I've had two kids (in the hospital)-can't believe this is such (an irrational) problem for me!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-04-2005 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Don't reveal anything about yourself that may add undue weight to your opinion.

Old 02-05-2005, 12:57 PM   #37
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User

I too have anxiety over health and my age. I fear that I will get a disease because I touched something that had a disease or something on it. My daughter is doing a paper in school on viruses and she asked me a couple of questions that I couldn't answer and now I am curious to what the answers are. One was, what is the longest time a virus can live outside the body and what virus is that? and the other was, what is the fastest time that a virus dies outside the body and what virus is that? Hmmm...I have asthma and I dropped my inhaler on the floor of the car and without rinsing it off, I used it and I thought "oh my gosh, I just put my lips on something that was on the floor where my feet have been walking on the ground in who knows what etc..." Is that nuts to worry over or what! I'm tired of all the worry and Satan in winning and it's ticking me off!

Old 02-05-2005, 06:49 PM   #38
    nelly05
    (female)

nelly05 HB User

Hi I worry about anything and everything, from my fiance, to my family to money and meeting new people that really freaks me out. There is not a day that goes by that I do not worry and I hate it. I want to be normal and not worry every minute of the day!

Old 02-06-2005, 02:27 AM   #39
    debbiep
    (female)

debbiep HB User

I worry about things I cant control . I worry that people dont understand me and I worry because I dont trust people!!! I have seen doctors not being professional and caring as I thought and expected. I hate where life is going and how money is more important than love.... I worry about no one caring or understanding. I get hurt in life easily so I stress out because Im too sensitive, then my throat tightens up and my anxieties start.I worry that I cant control my anxieties......thanks for this topic ,debbiep .

Old 02-06-2005, 06:43 AM   #40
    sydneysmommie
    (female)

sydneysmommie HB User

I think we all worry about things we cannot control. That's why we are here. I used to think I had AIDS. Not that I have slept around or used intravenous drugs. But that I must of gotten it from a toilet seat or something crazy.

My doctor used to say let's just test you so that we both know it isn't AIDS. It took me alomost 1 year of suffering with the worst fears to finally test. Negative....I smiled with relief. But it did not stop the fear for another 3 years or so.

I think the end..what ever that means in life, is what freaks me out. Again no control, not knowing is so scary.

My question is where do we get these fears? I know health has to be related to a relative or friend being ill. Watching someone deteriorate is frightning. It's interesting how we can be strong for them. But we get these fears afterwards. The mind is not always so helpful!

Irrational fears my Psych calls them. They most likely will never happen. But we fear the worst. Maybe because we think we do not deserve better or are doomed for bad luck. I think or in my opinion.....Type A personality folks always like to live in crises. We were raised that way and if something goes wrong we freak. I am happy I am Type A. Type B would be so passive...{REMOVED}

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-06-2005 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Inappropriate comment.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #41
    Comptons
    Veteran

Comptons HB User

I also worry about health issues. I've had every procedure done from ekg, thyroid scan, bloodwork...you name it. This has been going on since I was about 25 or 26. I'm 35 now. I have a 6 month old at home and the whole time I was pregnant until now - no problems...thankfully. Now it's starting to rear it's ugly head again. My dad has been in the hospital with heart problems and I've been VERY stressed and scared for him. I developed shingles a week ago - which is something that surfaces when I'm stressed. I too have worried about AIDS because of my weakend immune system...too much internet surfing. I have been happily married for 5 years. I was tested during pregnancy with no problems. I worry that I'll have a stroke because I get so lightheaded and dizzy all the time. Sure makes it hard to function when you're afraid you will pass out. My heart races when I get anxious - and of course this must mean some form of heart disease. Pretty much - it's the same old stuff everyone else worries about except for one thing. I only dwell on health issues once my anxiety kicks in and symptoms appear to worry about. For the most part - I think stress on the job, with family, etc. is what brings on the anxiety. It all snowballs from there. Sure diminishers your quality of life. What's so strange is that when I'm okay - I think it's so silly...I'm normally a very rational person. By the way - no one in my family seems to be able to understand this. They all think - it's just in my head...which is true to some extent.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #42
    davemason2k

davemason2k HB User

I'm just nervous around people in general. Very shy and poor social skills.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #43
    sydneysmommie
    (female)

sydneysmommie HB User

Comptons:

Did you notice after having the baby that your thoughts became kinda weird about the baby? Not that you would hurt the baby..but like scared that someone else would?
    I just turned 36 and have a 14 month old. I took Zoloft during pregnancy for panic disorder. I would never have survived the pregnancy w/o it. It mde me SOOOOOO anxious. I was wierded out by having a baby inside me. It was a weird concept even though I wanted the baby!

Anxiety does CRAZY things to your head especially during pregancy...

Old 02-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #44
    cloud9vball

cloud9vball HB User

man...where do i start. well, i don't eat right--i worry about my weight constantly, especially if it starts to go up (i am kind of anorexic) and becuase i am anorexic, either not eating and exercising...or eating a lot of **** food, i constantly worrry about cardiac arest or a heart attack...ALL THE TIME! i also worrya bout my bf breaking up with me...that's one of the main ones too.
    i guess you could just say i worya bout dying/health. i constatnly am worried that i have cancer or somethign else wrogn with me. i can not stay alone at night in my apartment (i usually live with 3 other girls) when they aren't here, however, i freak out and can't sleep becuase i KNOW that someone is plotting to murder me and knows that everyone is gone. this summer i used to cry beucase i was so afraid. i would beg my bf to let me stay over becuase i didn't want to stay alone. i would run from my car to the apartment building door, even tho it was only like 20 ft. away.
    i also hate driving long distances, like on the freeway (i have to drive 3 hours to get home--i'm currently in college) i am always afraid of gettign into a car accident.
    it sucks, i've always been a worrier. mostly just either that i am goign to die or something is goign to happen to my family members/bf. i'm about to start paxil. anyone have any experiences?
    peace
    cloud9vball

Old 02-09-2005, 08:06 AM   #45
    tormenta
    (female)

tormenta HB User

I have only just had my first panic attack within the last week. My health is what worries me - or the fact that I'm going crazy or dying. I'm worried about my family, and I'm worried that I'm not the carefree person i once was. I hate this feeling.

Scared to sleep in case I die in the night. Fear that I will never feel better about myself, despite previously being a positive person.

Afraid of too much to mention. Ha ha.

Closed Thread