It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-27-2005, 09:00 PM   #121
    Jamison
    (female)

Jamison HB User
    Re: Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

My chest gets so tight from me being so tense all the time-I worry about that.
    I have been trying different meds - 4 types now and nothing has worked for me. I have anxiety about my anxiety. That I will never get better. That I will feel this way forever.
    I have anxiety about my kids, about driving, about getting lost, about doing something stupid or losing control in a group of people. I am afraid of being alone, but don't want to see anyone.
    And with all these different meds I was trying (Effexor, Cipralex, zoloft and prozac) I have become an insomniac. I worry about that too...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 09:09 AM   #122
    shysoul
    (female)

shysoul HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by troubleinmyhead
    I have anxiety over everything. If my bf doesnt call, I get anxious. If I have to sit at home alone, I get anxious. I feel like anxiety rules my life right now. I hate it. I panic a lot when I think too much. The only way to deal with it, is to not deal with it. It sucks a lot.

TIMH
    i so get like that too. its like exactly me.

but yeah i worry about everything obsessively. and my social anxiety is really bad i worry about that a lot. if i have to do something i know ill be nervous about ill worry my self sick about it until it happens.

Old 08-29-2005, 09:24 AM   #123
    eliabash
    (male)

eliabash HB User

I worry about work. Just during this last three years I lost three jobs. I am terrified by my job performance. I feel like I will never be able to perform like my peers and I don't have what it takes to survives in my field. I can't make myself to relax knowing that if I do I am capable to handle my responsible my respnosibilities quite well. I have an inteview next week and I am terrified by the prospect. I am not able to sleep nor able to prepare my work to show. I feel like I will be ridiculed and thrown out of the office. I just don't know what to do. Everone is telling me what to do and how much my therapist can help me. I am paralyzed. I am encouraging myself to breath and take walks but still after a while I am running to the freezer for a short relief. I just want to calm down and do my job, that's all.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:23 AM   #124
    anxietysucks
    (female)

anxietysucks HB User

Hmmmm. How about what should just be normal every day things to most people? I don't know what happened. It's not like I haven't been through some really tough times in life. I have, and just got up, brushed myself off and kept going forward. Not since the past two years though. Within 5 minutes of being awake, I feel the butterflies in my stomach coming on. I wish I did know why this is happening. Ya know, come to think of it, I think I'm more afraid of the anxiety attacks than anything else. I just don't know. I wish somebody could tell me. Until then, thank goodness for Xanax and an understanding doctor who isn't afraid to prescribe it. Without it, I couldn't hold down my job and stay focused. I'd be insane.

Old 09-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #125
    iluvpizza
    (male)

iluvpizza HB User

I can't handle the news and world events, especially injustice and corruption. I feel overwhelmed by what is going on in world today. I try to do my part by writing short articles for newspapers, getting people to sign petitions,etc. This helps alleviate some of my anxiety. But I am too sensitive to things, and many times I end up hiding my head under my covers. Hardly a manly thing to do. So many bad things are happening in the world, that in order to mentally survive, I've considered moving to Alaska, and getting a job that will not require me to be in touch with outside world at all. The other solution is for me to look for an anti-anxiety medication (I already take Buspar) that is stronger. Good luck to everyone. Question: If laughter is the best medicine, does that make laughing gas the best medication?

Old 09-08-2005, 12:02 AM   #126
    iluvpizza
    (male)

iluvpizza HB User
    Cool Re: Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eliabash
    I worry about work. Just during this last three years I lost three jobs. I am terrified by my job performance. I feel like I will never be able to perform like my peers and I don't have what it takes to survives in my field. I can't make myself to relax knowing that if I do I am capable to handle my responsible my respnosibilities quite well. I have an inteview next week and I am terrified by the prospect. I am not able to sleep nor able to prepare my work to show. I feel like I will be ridiculed and thrown out of the office. I just don't know what to do. Everone is telling me what to do and how much my therapist can help me. I am paralyzed. I am encouraging myself to breath and take walks but still after a while I am running to the freezer for a short relief. I just want to calm down and do my job, that's all.
    It's my experience in companies, that the difference between someone who survives and someone who is bumped out, is their ability to play politics. Ever notice that there are plenty of people who are totally incompetent at their job, and yet get promoted? I bet you are a lot more competent than your so-called "superiors" at these companies. Here's some advice: Go into business for yourself (part-time or freelance) and compete against these {REMOVED} As far as anxiety, you might want to look into some meds, at least temporarily.

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-08-2005 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Do not used censored words. Thanks, Ms_Mod

Old 09-08-2005, 09:09 AM   #127
    Dani Girl 78
    Veteran
    (female)

Dani Girl 78 HB User

I worry about the money. I don't work, I stay home with our 2 boys, that means that the financial burden is all on my husbands shoulders. I worry that he will get in a car accident and then I will lose my best firend.

I'm so afraid of talking to a crowd. If I were to have to give a speech I would probably faint or run and hide. The only time that I can really talk to people and not have a problem is when I am joking around. I dread having to talk to people (doesn't have to be a crowd, can be just one person, even my husband) I think that I suffer from communication apprehension (I was doing dome research last night) I think I'm a smart person, and I hate the fact that when I talk to someone (even family) I act like I don't know what I'm talking about. I stammer around my words, I yawn alot, or act like I need to cough. I'm so embarrased about it. The words just don't some out the way that I want them to. UGH!

The following user gives a hug of support to Dani Girl 78:
    sweet_chic (03-12-2011)
    Old 09-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #128
    kasmpow
    Inactive

kasmpow HB User

I worry about my husband that he will have a heart attack or stroke or I will have one that one of us will die before we move into our house which is in a month. I worry something will have to my mom or dad and they live 3 hours from me. I worry about my brother who is epillic that he will have a seizure driving and something terrible will happen to him. If something good happens I always think bad is around the corner. I worry my mother in law will die how will my husband handle that will he fall apart.

As you can see I worry about everything and think bad thoughts I wish I didn't do this.

Closed Thread