It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• blushing plz help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
    stan
    (male)

stan HB User
    blushing plz help

im 20 and ive been suffering with blushing along with my social anxiety but im worried about my blushing it only starts when im in a room with heat then i feel a burning in my cheeks and i no im bright red when this happens and it goes on from there really its effecting my social life because i hate people seeing me with bright red cheeks i went to the doctor about it and he said there is nothing he can do and said try relaxation exercises ive tried this and its not helping at all im also doing cbt that is helping with the social anxiety abit but i dont think the blushing is linked to this because i could be sitting alone and when there is heat i get very red and takes hours to go away well anyway what i want to ask is ive heard you can get a operation to stop blushing its called endoscopic transthoracic sympathectomy has anyone had this and how do i go about getting it can anyone help plz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2005, 08:49 PM   #2
    teko2000
    (female)

teko2000 HB User
    Re: blushing plz help

Have you been checked out for rosacia I think I may have spelled it wrong. There is skin treatment for that. It can help. My friend would get a red glow and she would get it around her cheeks nose and forhead. I would go get a free consultation with a dermotologist. Hang in there, theres so much help out there. Let me know what happens

Old 02-01-2005, 02:57 PM   #3
    stan
    (male)

stan HB User

well i have abit of acne and went to see a derm about that and he never said anything about my red face im on accutane for my acne but i never get the red anywhere else apart from my cheeks is there any treatments that i can use to get rid of it im getting depressed because of it

Old 02-01-2005, 03:20 PM   #4
    teko2000
    (female)

teko2000 HB User

Yes! There are many options for you. There is a lazer called photofacial lazer treatment. Its for blushing, red and rosacea. Check it out on line. It helps do something to the capallaries in the face and can help with acne. Dont be depressed there is help. If you find the right lazer clinic they maybe able to take insurance.

You dont have to live with the embarrasment. I think its cute when guys blush but if its affecting how you feel about yourself by all means change it. So don't feel down Research the photofacial and go get it done. Its painless by the way. also there are other lazer treatment that will help!
    let me know what you find!

Old 02-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #5
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

a beta blocker taken as needed reduces blushing, valium also helps
    theres info on rosacea on the net, its different

bluching can be very disabling but most docs wont take it seriously, in extreme cases block out make up as worn by menopausal women for hot flushes can be used

also learn relaxation, this helps

have a deep year round suntan of face and neck

there is surgery called ETS, I think that involves cutting or clamping the vegas nerve that helps sometimes as a last resort, details on the net

Old 02-02-2005, 01:38 PM   #6
    stan
    (male)

stan HB User

ive been on beta blockers which was propronolol i think and been on prozac they didnt work for me i really want the ets operation to get rid of it all together but i dont want to go back to the doc because he does not take me serious all he said last time was he could not do anything medical for me just try relaxation exercises ive done this also it didnt go away i still have it and if i went back to the doc he would prob just think im silly or something i think u must have to be on your death bed before they do anything for u i thought thats what docs suppose to do help u what do u think i should do?

Closed Thread