It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Any suggestions on finding acceptance?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-16-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
    Marirose
    Veteran
    (female)

Marirose HB User
    Question Any suggestions on finding acceptance?

Hi All - First, may you all be blessed for sharing your stories on these boards. Thought I was all alone until I started reading your postings. My question is - I have been to the doctor three times in the last month - he diagnosed me with acid reflux & anxiety/panic attacks. I am now on klonopin & feeling some improvement, mainly because I can finally sleep! I am also taking Zantac. However, I still have some of my anxiety symptoms- mainly nausea and obsessive worry that somehow the doctor "missed something" and that I really have some terrible disease causing these symptoms, not anxiety and acid reflux. I feel like if I could just make myself believe what the doctor (whom I like & trust) is telling me, I could recover. Any suggestions on how to beat this constant obsessive second guessing? Thanks for any suggestions, Mari

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #2
    Treetop
    (female)

Treetop HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Any suggestions on finding acceptance?

Hi Marirose,

I can totally identify with your situation. I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux and Anxiety Disorder, also. I have a difficult time excepting that something like Acid Reflux could be so disruptive to someone life. I sometimes think the doctors must have made a mistake, that it must be something else. I can not believe that I'm suffering from an anxiety disorder. It's like it just came one day and took over my life. I'm taken the same anxiety medication as you, but I take prevacid for the Acid Reflux. I know two other people who are going through the same situation. I can not believe you just describe me. I just can not wait to get back to myself. I am going to continue to pray and have faith in God that I will get threw this. I know that I will one day feel even better than I every had before. It really helps to be able to talk with someone who can understand. I wish you the best. Feel free to send me a response. Maybe we can help each other get threw this. God bless you and I hope to hear from u.

Last edited by Treetop; 02-16-2005 at 10:31 PM. Reason: I CAN RELATE

Old 02-16-2005, 10:28 PM   #3
    worriedfemale29
    (female)

worriedfemale29 HB User
    Re: Any suggestions on finding acceptance?

I know exactly what your going through. I keep thinking it has to be something worse than anxiety. I was prescribed Nuerontin and Prevacid for mine and I'm even afraid to take the Neurontin thinking it has to be my liver or something. I never knew your mind could have so much control over your body. I'm like you, all I can do is keep trying to tell myself it's just anxiety it will be ok. I'm not dying over and over again. I think this helps me some, but the worry still comes back.

Old 02-16-2005, 10:42 PM   #4
    Treetop
    (female)

Treetop HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Any suggestions on finding acceptance?

Hi worriedfemale29

I just sent a message to Marirose. Our situations are very similiar and I hope my messages can be help to you as well as Marirose. I understand everything u r going threw. I have the same fears and often worry alot, but I am determine to get threw this. Feel free to send me a message. We can get threw this together. God Bless, it time for us to get our life back.

Last edited by Treetop; 02-16-2005 at 10:43 PM.

Old 02-16-2005, 11:55 PM   #5
    citrusvitamin
    (female)

citrusvitamin HB User

i was also diagnosed with acid reflux and panic disorder a few years ago..i was on paxil for a while and was able to wean my self off by learning how to use behavioural therapy. this is when you talk yourself down from anxiety. you use your logic and say things to yourself like"I am ok. I am not choking, i am not having a heartattack, this is all anxiety" For a long time i felt sure i was going crazy and i was sure it would never end. sometimes i had to yell "STOP IT" in my head. im not saying this was easy..it sure wasnt. it is one thing to deal with your body during an illness, it is quite different to deal with your mind. i am still suffering from the odd case of reflux but only when i suffer from my odd case of high anxiety. For this i eat a peice of bread or take a Zantac. i think i was lucky being able to go off meds after only being on them for 2 and a half years, i did it with a lot of support and learned to tell my brain to shut up. Everyone is different but i hope this helps you and gives you some strength. remember to breathe

Last edited by citrusvitamin; 02-16-2005 at 11:56 PM.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:00 AM   #6
    worriedfemale29
    (female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

I just want to say thank you for mentioning God in your post. I think if I didn't have him I would have done went crazy from this. He is my rock and all I have at times. I just try to do alot of praying and asking him for his guidance. I even try to think about what Jesus had to go through for us, and then I know I can never have it as bad as he did. I have found that this helps me alot too in my times of trials. I just want to ask everyone to please remember he is there we just have to call on him when we are in need. We may not get it when we ask but he will answer in his on time in his own way. Thank you so much

Old 02-17-2005, 05:11 AM   #7
    Marirose
    Veteran
    (female)

Marirose HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by worriedfemale29
    I just want to say thank you for mentioning God in your post. I think if I didn't have him I would have done went crazy from this. He is my rock and all I have at times. I just try to do alot of praying and asking him for his guidance. I even try to think about what Jesus had to go through for us, and then I know I can never have it as bad as he did. I have found that this helps me alot too in my times of trials. I just want to ask everyone to please remember he is there we just have to call on him when we are in need. We may not get it when we ask but he will answer in his on time in his own way. Thank you so much
    Hi and thank you so much for being out there with your faith in Jesus Christ. He is the center of my world - I cry to Him daily that I just want my life back the way it was before this anxiety came and took over, but your posting reminded me that it will be in His time, not mine. You're right, we will never have it as bad as He did, and just thinking of His overwhelming love is comforting to me. Thanks for a beautiful post - I know you will be blessed with His Peace - Mari

Old 02-17-2005, 05:16 AM   #8
    Marirose
    Veteran
    (female)

Marirose HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Treetop
    Hi Marirose,

I can totally identify with your situation. I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux and Anxiety Disorder, also. I have a difficult time excepting that something like Acid Reflux could be so disruptive to someone life. I sometimes think the doctors must have made a mistake, that it must be something else. I can not believe that I'm suffering from an anxiety disorder. It's like it just came one day and took over my life. I'm taken the same anxiety medication as you, but I take prevacid for the Acid Reflux. I know two other people who are going through the same situation. I can not believe you just describe me. I just can not wait to get back to myself. I am going to continue to pray and have faith in God that I will get threw this. I know that I will one day feel even better than I every had before. It really helps to be able to talk with someone who can understand. I wish you the best. Feel free to send me a response. Maybe we can help each other get threw this. God bless you and I hope to hear from u.
    Thank you so much for the reply. I feel like I could cry just knowing that there are other people who are going thru the exact same things that I feel . It is such a relief to talk to someone who understands. Maybe we are all meant to be angels to one another?! I, too, have a great deal of faith in God and pray daily to Him. Check out the posts to and from Worriedfemale29- I think we are all alot a like & we can get thru this together and get our lives back! I will be thinking of all of you in my prayers today - Waking up and reading your responses has been the brightest morning I have had in weeks. Thanks so much & let's keep in touch! Blessings - Mari

Old 02-17-2005, 05:21 AM   #9
    Marirose
    Veteran
    (female)

Marirose HB User

HI Citrus - Thank you so much for your great advice. I do need to remember to breathe - and I like the idea of telling my brain to SHUT UP! I am willing to try anything & everything that fellow sufferers suggest - Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's easy to feel isolated when you think know one understands you or your feelings, and just knowing someone has felt this way and found a way to cope with it is a big deal for me. Blessings, Mari

Last edited by Marirose; 02-17-2005 at 05:25 AM.

Old 02-18-2005, 12:24 AM   #10
    worriedfemale29
    (female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

I just want to say I woke up this morning feeling much better knowing I have friends out there who rely on the same faith that I do whom I can call on in my times of need. Thank you both and my God bless you and keep you both safe.

Old 02-18-2005, 05:15 AM   #11
    Marirose
    Veteran
    (female)

Marirose HB User

Keep your faith strong, girls - I went to Church early this morning and offered all of us up to the Lord, asking for His blessings on us for better days ahead - and I felt for the first time, with Him and with friends who share my troubles & my faith, I can beat this. Thanks for being there. It's great, really great, to talk to someone who knows how I feel. Keep in touch, even if just to say hi & let me know how you're feeling - Blessings to you both, Mari

Old 02-18-2005, 11:13 AM   #12
    Marirose
    Veteran
    (female)

Marirose HB User

Hey girls - what started out as a very good day for me has taken a turn. I am staying home with my youngest son who has a cold. Being stuck in the house really heightens my anxiety - not enough to do gets my mind going down crazy paths. I am having a major problem with anxiety right now - all the regular symptoms, even though I was just at the dr. yesterday for my usual check up, all his reassurance just has flown out the window and I am really feeling anxious. Just had to share that because I feel if I don't tell someone what's going on in my head I am going to go crazy! Thanks for being there - Mari

Old 02-18-2005, 08:55 PM   #13
    worriedfemale29
    (female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

Marirose, I know exactly where your coming from. I have a very hard time too when I'm alone at home which for me is everyday. If I didn't have the Lord and the telephone I don't know what I would do. My days and nights are screwed up because of this. I stay up all night and try to sleep durring the day. Before I even made it to bed this morning my husbands mother called and started in with her usual crap which made things start of great for me today. I was so upset the anxiety attacks started again and I thought I would never get my heart and nerves calmed down so I could just go to sleep. I finally drifted off and started having terrible dreams, so now I feel as if I haven't had any sleep at all. In turn this makes me feel like just crying constantly. I feel as if I'm fighting a losing battle at times, and I just try to find something good to hold on to. I feel as if I'm going crazy too, but I know I'm not. Sometimes I wonder if crazy wouldn't be a better place to be. Then you wouldn't know what was going on around you. No such luck for me their. LOL NO, I don't want to be crazy, just need to vent some of this anger. Thanks for being there. Please keep me in your prayers, I will keep you in mine. Worriedfemale

Old 02-19-2005, 05:22 AM   #14
    Marirose
    Veteran
    (female)

Marirose HB User

You are in my prayers. I sooooo hear where you are coming from...I am a stay at home mom, but even my youngest is in 1/2 day Kindergarten so I am used to some time out of the house each day, but with him being home, I was (am? LOL) a basketcase! Today seems better because my husband & other son will be around to distract me. Tomorrow will be another story when my mother-in-law pays her weekly visit UGH! I know exactly what you mean about fighting a losing battle, but WE ARE NOT! We have the Lord on our side, and like it says in the book of Romans, "IF God is for us, who can be against us?" I don't know if you saw the Passion of the Christ movie, but all last night, and yesterday afternoon when it was really, really bad for me I kept picturing that scene in the beginning of the movie when Jesus was crying in the Garden when Satan was telling Him he could never defeat sin, and finally Jesus just lost it and stamped on Satan when he was in the form of the snake. That was a little touchstone for me to hang onto, I picture us rising up off our knees from crying to our Lord and stamping on all this anxiety that keeps whispering in our ears and trying to ruin our lives! My mind feels so weak to fight some times, that every little bit helps. Maybe that sounds simple and stupid, and sometimes I feel like that's what I am, but I hope it helps you. I know my prayers will, because Jesus loves you! And thank you soooo much for keeping in touch - I feel sooooo much better when I am not alone. Let's just pray for a brighter tomorrow for each of us & take it one day at a time! Blessings are going to come our way! Marirose

Old 02-20-2005, 12:34 AM   #15
    worriedfemale29
    (female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

Hi Mariroes, Just wanted to let you know the prayers must be working, I felt alot better today. Even got out of the house and went to Wal-Mart, no attacks. Thank God! I have seen the movie and it was a great reminder of the love Jesus had for us. Thank you for the reminder of what the book of Romans says. It helps alot when I think about my mother-in-law. I pray that God blesses you and helps you get stronger everyday. Thanks so much. worriedfemale

Closed Thread