It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Klonopin Question =)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-04-2005, 06:56 PM   #1
    Suthern Redd
    (female)

Suthern Redd HB User
    Question Klonopin Question =)

Hello All,
    I am new to posting here and want to ask a question about Klonopin.

I currently take 300mg of Lamictal, 30mg of Cymbalta and have .5mg of Klonopin as needed for anxiety. I take 200mg of Lamictal and 30mg of Cymbalta in the morning around 6am and then 100mg of Lamictal at appx 6 at night. I have been on the Lamictal since last May.

Last week we added the Cymbalta and the Klonopin to the Lamictal on Wednesday and since Sat night I have had very restless sleep. I go to sleep fine but wake up 3 or 4 times a night which is unusual for me because I usually sleep all night. I think it is the Cymbalta that is causing the sleep issues. The Klonopin is as needed and I havent taken any yet so I am wondering if I take 1 of the .5mg of Klonopin would help me sleep?

In the past I have been on Paxil with Xanax (.5mg) and also at a different time Wellbutrin with the Xanax also and every now and then I would take a .5mg of Xanax to help me sleep. This was not very often at all but occassionally. Does Klonopin act like Xanax? I know Xanax has a short span of about 4 hours and I have been told that the Klonopin has a much longer span of hours.

Any information would be greatly appreciated =)
    I am very happy to have found this forum

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2005, 08:54 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Klonopin Question =)

what is the lamactil for, its a heavy duty anticonvulsant sometimes given for panic attacks and your dose is quite high
    yes klonapin and xanax are both valium type meds, and K lasts longer than x

cymbalta and all antidepressants can cause problems when starting, suggest you lower the dose by cutting the tablet for a few weeks

Old 03-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #3
    Suthern Redd
    (female)

Suthern Redd HB User

I have bipolar and borderline disorder with a side of ocd and anxiety. I started on 100mg of lamictal in May '04 and then upped in Aug to 200mg. Until about mid Jan the lamictal was working alone and I was told at the very beginning of starting this that an antidepressant would probably be needed. I went in 3 weeks ago and she upped the Lamictal to 300mg and see if that would help and it had a bit but not really enough becasue my anxiety was riding high so this last week she and I decided to add the Cymbalta 30mg a day to it. I have Klonopin for anxiety as needed.

The only side effect I have noticed from the Cymbalta is dry mouth and now the sleep issues...I thought the klonopin would maybe helps sleep from now a couple of other web forums I have read since posting but I just didnt know for sure if it would help...

Old 03-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #4
    Beaubien12000
    (male)

Beaubien12000 HB User

klonopin is very similar to xanax except it is milder

Old 03-05-2005, 02:57 PM   #5
    bushleaguer

bushleaguer HB User

Klonopin acts in the same way Xanax does, but it stays in your system longer (or in medical terms, has a longer "half-life").

One word of caution - if you are taking Klonopin on a regular basis, don't just stop suddenly. You could have a siezure if you do. Talk to your doctor before undertaking a discontinuation program. Don't let this throw you off from taking it - I take 2mgs/day and it has helped immensely with my panic attacks. A person just has to be weaned off of it properly once its decided that it is no longer needed.

Closed Thread