It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Remeron and Lexapro

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
    amy12345

amy12345 HB User
    Remeron and Lexapro

Anyone take these two together? I've been taking 10 mg Lexapro for almost three months but am still nauseous (sp?) every day. I also feel 'flashes' of anger and anxiety every now and then too. Today the psychiatrist who prescribes for me told me I might consider Remeron to help me sleep at night, hopefully decrease my nausea and help with this lingering anxiety.

What are some side effects of Remeron that anyone has had? I'm very concerned about the weight gain. I am very, very strict about my weight and if I gain weight, it will create even more anxiety for me.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 09:54 PM   #2
    kcgage
    Veteran
    (female)

kcgage HB User
    Re: Remeron and Lexapro

I never took Lexapro but I tried Remeron. I didn't like it, but everyone's body reacts differently. I slept all night and all day, only waking up to eat. My doctor told me that these side effects would wear off but I couldn't tolerate it for more than a few days.

Like I said, not to discourage you, because everyone is different.

Good Luck

Old 03-22-2005, 11:55 PM   #3
    xarquid1
    (male)

xarquid1 HB User

Was in the same situation as you.

Was taking just Lexapro 10mg a day until the dose was upped to 20mg. I took Remeron 15mg at bedtime. Be prepared to get very tired and drowy and go immediately to bed. It works very well and is effective. I did not have hang over effects in the morning...

The Remeron has a slight drunkeness effect to it but if you go straight to sleep it's fine. Definitely made me tired

Old 03-23-2005, 09:34 AM   #4
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

I think you would be better just taking remeron
    both meds a re antidepressants of different types, remeron has a reputation for sometimes causing compulsive eating
    basicly everyone has different side effects to antidepressants, some have none at all

Closed Thread