It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Klonopin and Buspar??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
    Klonopin and Buspar??

Hello All,
    I have just been given 10 mg 2 x daily to add to my Paxil and Klonopin. Has anyone taken Klonopin and Buspar at the same time? How do you dose it? Do you swallow them together or should you space them out? Did you have any sideffects from it and did they go away?

Any input on mixing these meds is greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 01:35 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Klonopin and Buspar??

buspar is a tranquilliser thats currently being promoted as an add on for an antidepressant, its been around a long time and has a poor reputation generally, and is often expensive, I wouldnt take it at all

if the paxil is working properly, you wont need much klonapin

Old 04-07-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hry33
    buspar is a tranquilliser thats currently being promoted as an add on for an antidepressant, its been around a long time and has a poor reputation generally, and is often expensive, I wouldnt take it at all

if the paxil is working properly, you wont need much klonapin
    Poor Reputation? Can you elaborate? I agree the Paxil should be working better but Lately my luck with AD's has not been there. My other option is to up my Klonopin from .05 3x daily to ading another 1/2 to my a.m. and noon dose.........OR to add Xanax XR at night as it was horrible in place of the Klonopin.
    Thanks for your advice!

Old 04-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #4
    dragonballwizard
    Veteran
    (female)

dragonballwizard HB User

I take buspar (genaric) and ativan ....I don't take them together and the ativan is only as needed.
    gl to you
    DBW

Old 04-07-2005, 02:32 PM   #5
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dragonballwizard
    I take buspar (genaric) and ativan ....I don't take them together and the ativan is only as needed.
    gl to you
    DBW
    DragonBallWizard,
    Thanks for your response. Can I ask what dosage you are on and are you on anyother meds? Does it help? Have you been on it very long? Any side effects? WHEW!! Lots of questions here.

Old 04-07-2005, 02:49 PM   #6
    dragonballwizard
    Veteran
    (female)

dragonballwizard HB User

fusion,

I am on 15mg 2 x a day of the genaric buspar. I also take wellbutrin. When I first started taking the buspar it made me dizzy however that side effect did go away.
    I have been on this med for well over a year.
    it was my last resort because I tried prozac and paxil for the anxiety and it did not work for me. The paxil was working good but i was gaining way to much weight. If and when you come off paxil please ween yourself because I did not do that and I suffered for it. I had vertigo real bad and could not even get up off the floor.
    Yes these meds help me alot and also I went and bought the feeling good handbook and the panic phobia workbook. interesting info in those books.
    gl to you I hope you find what works for you.
    DBW

Old 04-07-2005, 02:53 PM   #7
    fusionqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dragonballwizard
    fusion,

I am on 15mg 2 x a day of the genaric buspar. I also take wellbutrin. When I first started taking the buspar it made me dizzy however that side effect did go away.
    I have been on this med for well over a year.
    it was my last resort because I tried prozac and paxil for the anxiety and it did not work for me. The paxil was working good but i was gaining way to much weight. If and when you come off paxil please ween yourself because I did not do that and I suffered for it. I had vertigo real bad and could not even get up off the floor.
    Yes these meds help me alot and also I went and bought the feeling good handbook and the panic phobia workbook. interesting info in those books.
    gl to you I hope you find what works for you.
    DBW
    Thanks so much for the info. I know all about the Paxil issue. I was on it 8 years ago and they stopped me cold turkey before they ever knew about the withdrawl syndrom as they call it..............HOLY COW it was horrbile for almost a year NOTHING helped............ I can only tolerate a small dose of it and luckily it comes in liquid so the taper should be much easier. I wish Welbutrin worked for me...........only made me dealthy ill..........just a crap shoot on what to try I guess.
    Glad you are doing so well!

Closed Thread