It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• How Long Till Your Dependent On Ativan?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #1
    Pez Dee Spencer

Pez Dee Spencer HB User
    Question How Long Till Your Dependent On Ativan?

Ive been using about 1mg or less of ativan a day for a couple weeks now for some extreme anxiety Ive been having. I just got a perscription filled again and will be using this medicine for at least 2 more weeks. How long till I get addicted to this stuff? I forgot to ask my doc but the pharmacist said I should not be addicted to this medicine in this amount of time.

With my anxiety I get really bad shakes and am fidigety. yesterday I only took a quarter milligram and just waited out the shakes and muscle twitches. I didnt take any more pills because I only take the pills when I feel major panic along with the shakes and twitches.

When I first started taking the medicine a few weeks ago I was kind of shakey and had twitches but now they are worse. Could this just be the anxiety getting worse or do you think im a junkie now??? I dont crave the pills when I am not especially anxious but I do want them badly when the shakes/panic comes on. Could a physical addiction occur in 2-3 weeks of use at 1mg or less a day?

Hopefully this anxiety will ease up soon and I can quit taking pills all together but right now they are the only thing helping.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User
    Re: How Long Till Your Dependent On Ativan?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pez Dee Spencer
    Ive been using about 1mg or less of ativan a day for a couple weeks now for some extreme anxiety Ive been having. I just got a perscription filled again and will be using this medicine for at least 2 more weeks. How long till I get addicted to this stuff? I forgot to ask my doc but the pharmacist said I should not be addicted to this medicine in this amount of time.

With my anxiety I get really bad shakes and am fidigety. yesterday I only took a quarter milligram and just waited out the shakes and muscle twitches. I didnt take any more pills because I only take the pills when I feel major panic along with the shakes and twitches.

When I first started taking the medicine a few weeks ago I was kind of shakey and had twitches but now they are worse. Could this just be the anxiety getting worse or do you think im a junkie now??? I dont crave the pills when I am not especially anxious but I do want them badly when the shakes/panic comes on. Could a physical addiction occur in 2-3 weeks of use at 1mg or less a day?

Hopefully this anxiety will ease up soon and I can quit taking pills all together but right now they are the only thing helping.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.
    Hi, I answered some stuff from your other thread. As far as this new question, yes, you can become physically dependant on Ativan very quickly, even in two weeks. It isn't always the norm but it does happen. You are wise to take as little as possible, that helps the situation alot. Ativan is very potent; most newer benzos bind tighter to receptors.

Valium is actually pretty weak in comparison but it got this huge reputation somehow. Anyway, there is a free online manual called the Ashton Manual that explains alot.

Since you have not been on long nor have been taking full doses, weaning off when you are ready should not be a big problem like it is for people who have taken larger doses regularly for months and years.

Closed Thread