It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Weird sensations-is this anxiety?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #1
    crazygirl77
    (female)

crazygirl77 HB User
    Weird sensations-is this anxiety?

Hi Everyone
    I have some weird symptoms that I can't figure out and have me scared. I recently started having muscle twitching (fast twitches) all over my body. That has since subsided although I still have a few, but I now have weird creepy crawley sensations everywhere, my body feels like it is vibrating, and I have random tingling sensations that just last for a second anywhere in my body. Its really weird. I do have anxiety issues, especially about my health. I recently had an MRI of my brain which was normal. I sometimes get shooting pains in my feet too. Does anyone have these weird symptoms? I have a hard time believing that they are anxiety, because I have them almost all of the time even when I am not anxious!!! These sensations are what is making me anxious! Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Weird sensations-is this anxiety?

hi crazygirl
    yes anxiety can be the cause, look up fight or flight response on the net, anxious people get this a lot, mostly when they dont need it

the answer is to learn to relax and to calm yourself, gentle exercise , especially long walks are very relaxing

Old 05-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
    kalaha
    (female)

kalaha HB User

I have the exact same thing. The vibrations drive me crazy. They are especially bad in my feet. My MRI came back normal, too. Sounds like we are in the same boat.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #4
    crazygirl77
    (female)

crazygirl77 HB User

Thanks for your replies. it is just so hard for me to believe that all of these symptoms are anxiety. I am now having some facial tingling/numbness on the right side of my face. This is so frustrating! Every doctor tells me anxiety but I can't help but wonder if it is MS or something like that. Any advice?

Old 05-10-2005, 01:00 PM   #5
    loci777
    Inactive
    (male)

loci777 HB User

ive had anxiety for a few yrs now but only this past wk i suddenly got a vibrating feeling inside my body which really freaked me out..im also getting slight muscle spasms and twitching...mainly in my left arm and leg.
    my doc of course said its to do with the anxiety (people with anxiety are exempt from physical illness)....but in this case i guess he's right...i would have still liked a blood test or something.
    ive also been very cold recently, especially my legs.
    anyway its put my mind at ease knowing others with anxiety get that vibrating feeling...hope it stops soon tho

Old 06-19-2005, 05:51 PM   #6
    brncrdr01
    (male)

brncrdr01 HB User

dose this feel like you are sitting on the spin cylcle of a washer thats the way i have decribed it.

Old 06-19-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

t_411 HB Usert_411 HB Usert_411 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazygirl77
    Hi Everyone
    I have some weird symptoms that I can't figure out and have me scared. I recently started having muscle twitching (fast twitches) all over my body. That has since subsided although I still have a few, but I now have weird creepy crawley sensations everywhere, my body feels like it is vibrating, and I have random tingling sensations that just last for a second anywhere in my body. Its really weird. I do have anxiety issues, especially about my health. I recently had an MRI of my brain which was normal. I sometimes get shooting pains in my feet too. Does anyone have these weird symptoms? I have a hard time believing that they are anxiety, because I have them almost all of the time even when I am not anxious!!! These sensations are what is making me anxious! Thanks
    Since you mentioned muscle twiches, crawly feeling, vibrating, tingling AND shooting pains in foot, I'd say go to a chiropractor. Those symptoms sounds a lot like they could be from a possible problem in your spine such as FHP (forward head posture). I had a tiny car accident(just sort of bumped into someone) a long while back & a few months later started having a lot of the symptoms you mentioned. I went to the ER, got MRI's etc., all came back normal. Doc tried to tell me I had anxiety but the pain was always with me which in itself WAS causing me to have anxiety plus the doc's telling me I was fine freaked me out a bit too so, later I went to a chiropractor & found out I had FHP which could be due to sitting kind of slumped at the computer for long times & from the accident. I got treated for 2 months and ALL of those weird pains went away. I still have anxiety though from going through all of that, that later on turned into panic attacks. I'm on zoloft for it and it's gone now too. But for sure see a chiropractor just in case. You'll be able to see if you have a curve or a minor slip in your spine from your Xray & the chiropractor will show you. I could see mine plain as day which makes me think the ER don't pay attention to that... I went to the ER 3 times & had cat scans of my brain done but they must not have looked at my neck. If you do have some discs slipping then it can be putting pressure on a nerve which will cause all of the symptoms you mentioned. Anxiety can cause some of those too but like I said, you'll know for sure from the xray the chiropractor does & you'll feel some huge relief from your first treatment if that's the cause.
    Take care,
    T.

Old 06-20-2005, 03:46 PM   #8
    UKDONNA
    (female)

UKDONNA HB User

Can i ask what medications your are taking? i had this when i was on medication...

get it now and then now like you got things crawling inside you.. really weird isnit it? but it does subside...

Old 06-21-2005, 02:37 PM   #9
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User

loci.....
    what you said is soooo true "people with anxiety are exempt from physical illness" lol it seems sooooo many doctors treat people with anxiety disorders that way.No matter what your complaint and ailment is they respond with " this is all part of the anxiety." granted sometimes it is true,but we can have other issues like anyone else.

by the way yes i have had those weird sensations all of them the tingling in my face ,lips,hands feet.The numbness in various parts of my body and all when relaxed too not only when in a panic.That is a anxiety symptom and or stress

Closed Thread