It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Need Advice About Lexapro Part 2

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2005, 02:27 PM   #1
    msmod

msmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB User
    Need Advice About Lexapro Part 2

The other thread was getting a bit to long so I locked it, please continue your discussion here.
    Thanks, ms_mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User
    Re: Need Advice About Lexapro Part 2

Ok everyone - Bell, Adam, Jeffrysmom, Campingirl - here we are part two on this thread as well.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Wow how did that happen!?! We haven't even had Adam for a while. Hope is is okay?

Old 05-17-2005, 03:02 PM   #4
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I guess that thread got too long. I haven't heard from Adam either. Hopefully he will check in with us soon! As I was saying in the other one - are you a stay at home mom?

Old 05-18-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Hi Jackie He did it again ugggg!
    I went and told him my kids are about out of school can't I get a prescription and not come as often. His offer.... Samples and once a month. I don't understand why he won't just give me a script??? He upped me to ten which is good because I am tired of splitting them into quarters for the 7.5.
    He did say it was 60 bucks for half an hour but still.....
    I also told him my husband has a hard time taking off to watch the kids and the come back was.... "I have evening appointments".
    I go back Middle of June.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #6
    woodfaery
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

woodfaery HB User

Lexapro is working well for me you guys! I am now on my 4th week. Geez, I did not ever think I would get through this miserable anxiety. Now things are so much better! I still have some moodiness, but not too bad. I think its mostly the environment that I am in--sometimes it gets really negative. Other times, I am able to just see that all the negativity is not all mine to carry. My job is hard, but at the same time I am searching for better work and I think it took me to get on this Lexapro to get my head together and see clearer. Well, hows it all going for all of you? I hope you are doing good.
    WF

Old 05-18-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Bell

Well, at least he's going to further now! Maybe he is waiting to give you a script till he finds out exactly what dosage you will end up on. Then when he does that, he will write you the script and have you coming in even less. I am getting ready to head back home in a couple of hours. Now I have a kind person that is going to drive me to the airport, so things have just worked out all the way around for me here. I have really enjoyed being here thoroughly, but it will be good to sleep in my own bed tonight. I feel like all I have done is eat while here, so I will have to diet very strictly when I get back home!

Old 05-18-2005, 10:55 AM   #8
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Hi Woodfairy! Glad you too are doing well on the Lexapro. It was funny my Dr. wanted me to describe how my panic and anxiety have improved and all I could think of was that my brain almost won't let me go there. Does that make sense to you guys? He told me that is what it does is stop that thought process before it starts.
    A perfect example... This weekend I went hiking with my kids. We got coated in ticks. Normally I would flip out, come home research Lymes disease look up ticks yada yada. I just plucked all the ticks and pretty much forgot all about it. This is life changing for me.
    Jackie I am so happy you had a good time and a ride too
    Hope you have a safe and calm trip home.
    As for the dosage I can't imagine going to twenty for a good long while?

Old 05-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #9
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WF - Great that the Lexapro is working so well for you! I have a VERY stressful job also, I would get so unnerved to the point of wanting to just scream sometimes, but I find myself handling things is a much calmer manner.

Bell - I bet you won't ever need more than the 10 mg of the Lexapro. I think you wil be fine with that.

You both are right about how it stops the anxiety in it's tracks. It's wonderful!

Old 05-19-2005, 04:19 PM   #10
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

Well the road to recovery has taken yet another twist...

Got the results back from my ENG to test my eyes/ears for my dizziness. I have nerve damage in both ears that appears to be the cause of it. Not sure what it comes from, but the doctor did ask me if i had ever had any intrevenous antibiotics, which i havent. He equated it to my ears being like 2 jet engines, and the engines arent running at full capacity. My hearing hasnt been affected, i have always had some tinnitus, but it looks like the cause of the dizziness has been found.

Now i have to wait for a call for a referral for 10 weeks of therapy on my ears.

I dont know whether to be happy or sad.

Adam

"An obstacle is just a stepping stone"

Old 05-19-2005, 07:22 PM   #11
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Adam! Wow, that is really a twist I wonder what kind of therapy they can possibly do for your ears, and what the prognosis (sp) is? I am glad you did find the cause of your dizziness and you know that it is not from the anxiety! I just wonder now if you will still need an antidepressant - or what course of action this means.

Hi Everyone! I got back from Dallas last night about 6:00, had a safe trip all the way around and had lots of fun. It sure was nice to sleep in my own bed though, I slept like a log last night! Hope everyone is doing well.

Jackie

Old 05-19-2005, 11:48 PM   #12
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

Well Im sure the dizziness and worry about it is causing anxiety, Im still needing it regardless...but this just adds to the mess. Im having the place fax me the report so i can read it for myself. It sucks but what can i do...

"An obstacle is just a stepping stone"

Old 05-20-2005, 05:21 AM   #13
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Well Adam I'm glad you got some answers it's a start!
    I remember years ago being so tired I would lay on the floor and cry. It took years for them to figure out I had Epstein Barr. It was such a load off my brain to have a diagnosis. For me there wasn't much they could do. Maybe you will get lucky and they can help this go away!
    I switched to a full 10 mg last night and I gotta tell ya I was zinging all over the place. I didn't sleep that great either but I am confident this too will subside like it did when I first started. Other than that I have been feeling great!!
    Jackie glad you made it back and had a good trip. Also glad to hear you are still doing so well on the Lexapro

Old 05-20-2005, 05:42 AM   #14
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Bell & Adam

Bell, I am sure the zinging will go away after a while, it did with me. Can you imagine if you had just started up on 10mg like I did? My doc should have started me out on 5mg and increased to 10, and I think I would have adjusted alot better. But - considering - I did adjust very well. Sometimes I do miss the energy burst that I had in the beginning - it at least kept me on top of things at home as far as housework! I am just glad that you are feeling great now. Are you still taking in the am?

Adam, sweetie, I just feel so badly for you. I hope they get this ear problem under control, and then maybe everything else will too! Do you think it could possibly have been caused from that roller coaster ride you had mentioned a while back?

Jeffreysmom - hey girl where have you been? How you are doing?

Old 05-27-2005, 06:18 AM   #15
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hey Bell, how are you doing girl? Those kids must have you running around like crazy, since we haven't heard from you since the first of the week. I'm doing good, but it seems like lately all I want to do is eat, and I am staying hungry alot. I know that alot of people have posted that the Lexapro did that to them, and I wonder if it has started doing that to me too. It's really mostly at night time. GOSH I hope that goes away, I can't afford to gain weight! I work so hard to keep it off, and now going through the big "M", it is so much easier to gain, and almost impossible to lose!

Adam is doing some better and starting his therapy on his ears next week. He was a bit worried because his general manager kind of threatened his job one day this week. I hope nothing happens there. He really has alot on his plate as far as health problems. I'm hoping the Zoloft will kick in and help him with the anxiety and he will feel better soon.

I took off work today so I would have a extra long weekend, and I am looking forward to it. We have my husband's family reunion tomorrow and then we can probably ride the motorcycle either Sunday or Monday. I hope my allergies can take it! Oh - I have to tell you something. A friend of mine came up and we went to see another one of my friends in the hopsital in Memphis - AND I drove up there on the interstate all the way without getting a panic attack!!!! I did fine. Don't know how I would do if I had to do it alone, but I might be ok, I will just have to find out. This is major for me! So, I can tell that the Lex is working on my fears and what makes me anxious!!

Post us an update soon. I miss hearing from all of you!

xo Jackie B

Closed Thread