It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anyone researched mercury as the root cause for Anxiety?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
    allen_dave
    (male)

allen_dave HB User
    Anyone researched mercury as the root cause for Anxiety?

Has anyone had chronic anxiety/panic attacks that's known to have been caused by mercury? One of most common sources of mercury in people today may be amalgam dental fillings. These are the "silver" fillings that are still the most commonly used filling material by dentists today. It contains 50% mercury!

If you use your favorite search engine and search for "amalgam dental fillings," you'lll find an enourmous amount of information linking amalgam to a mirage of illnesses considered "psychosomatic," which may in fact be due to mercury from amalgam dental fillings. This issue is still very controversial, but after doing three days of reading about it, I'm convinced that amalgam dental fillings are NOT a smart choice.

If you're young and have amalgam dental fillings, you might want to do some research. If you're an old guy or gal like me that's been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for 35 years, it's probably too late, even if mercury is the root cause of our disorders.

Also, if I had young children at home that needed dental fillings, I would INSIST that amalgam NOT be used for their fillings.

Just food for thought......comments welcome!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
    Comptons
    Veteran

Comptons HB User
    Re: Anyone researched mercury as the root cause for Anxiety?

I've heard bits and pieces about it - but have not researched it. I have four amalgam fillings....how about everyone else?

Old 05-26-2005, 05:15 PM   #3
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

almost everyone has mercury amalgum fillings but I havent heard of any anxiety sufferers becoming less anxious after having their teeth all taken out for dentures

Old 05-26-2005, 06:30 PM   #4
    LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler HB User

I have a mercury filling that leeches mercury and when I look up the symptoms of mercury poisoning and read other people's stories, it looks like I have all the symptoms. Gosh, if I thought I could cure this terrible anxiety/panic by just having my tooth pulled, I think I'd drink a bottle of gin and do it myself!!!.

Old 05-27-2005, 05:54 AM   #5
    Comptons
    Veteran

Comptons HB User

Heehee and Amen...LonelyTraveler!! We could have a "teeth pulling" party. I bet a lot of us would do it if it were a sure fix....

Old 05-27-2005, 10:42 AM   #6
    vo-5
    (female)

vo-5 HB User

I haven't looked it up, but I will. Even more curious is that I have a son with Aspberger's syndrome and that is supposed to be cause by mercury as well. Thanks for the info!

Old 05-27-2005, 02:23 PM   #7
    Comptons
    Veteran

Comptons HB User

Mercury sure would make sense - especially because I also think I have an auto-immune thing going on. That and anxiety are both thought to be caused by mercury. Funny - I've had four fillings since I was a child. 3 weeks ago I got 2 more. I don't know if the new 2 are amalgam or not, but intend to find out. I wonder how simple a mercury test is?

Old 05-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #8
    SadFreek
    Veteran
    (male)

SadFreek HB User

maybe if we lied to our docs and said we got mercury spilled on us or something?

Old 05-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #9
    vo-5
    (female)

vo-5 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SadFreek
    maybe if we lied to our docs and said we got mercury spilled on us or something?
    Great idea! Our thermometers could have broken on us.

Old 05-29-2005, 06:25 PM   #10
    allen_dave
    (male)

allen_dave HB User

Everyone has a different tolerance level to mercury, and everyone has different effects "IF" mercury is the cause of your illness(s). As I said, this issue is still very controversial. I would not think a few amalgam dental fillings would cause any mercury side-effects. However, if you have several fillings and have had them over a long period of time, it may be worth looking into.

This website doesn't allow links to other websites, so I can't point anyone in a specific direction. It's up to individuals to seek medical experiments, results, and advice.

Old 05-30-2005, 04:16 PM   #11
    LostMind
    (female)

LostMind HB User

My dentist agress with you. He insists that the mercury is the cause of many illnesses.
    He doesnt use them and insisted I have mine removed but because I have had them for 30 years it was probably to late. YAY to late for what...I have begun removing then anyways

Old 05-31-2005, 03:47 PM   #12
    allen_dave
    (male)

allen_dave HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LostMind
    My dentist agress with you. He insists that the mercury is the cause of many illnesses. He doesnt use them and insisted I have mine removed but because I have had them for 30 years it was probably to late. YAY to late for what...I have begun removing then anyways
    Hey, keep me updated on your progress with removing your amalgam dental fillings. I have considered doing the same thing, but first I would need to find a dentist that agrees (like your dentist).

How many fillings is your dentist removing each time? How many fillings to you think you have? If you don't mind me asking, how much is this costing?

I had many amalgam dental fillings as a child and teenager, and began having depression/anxiety symptoms about 35 years ago when I was about 20 or 21 years old, and have suffered with this depression/anxiety crap since then. Funny how the dental associations and institutions don't want to admit there "might" be a problem with putting mercury (poison) in your teeth!

Last edited by allen_dave; 05-31-2005 at 03:54 PM.

Old 05-31-2005, 06:35 PM   #13
    SadFreek
    Veteran
    (male)

SadFreek HB User

Europe has banned the use of mecury in fillings for years too...

Old 06-30-2005, 04:43 PM   #14
    Demererra
    (female)

Demererra HB User

I'm seeing a holistic dentist to investigate whether I am suffering from mercury poisoning. I started having fillings at about 9-10 and by age 12 I had full blown OCD symptoms and I'd never had these before. Not long after having the fillings, I changed completely from the child I was. I became shy, withdrawn, depressed, anxious, and by 14 suicidal as life was so hard as I was getting bullied at school aswell.

Mercury is above all a neuro-toxin and OCD and anxiety and depression may be caused by neural transmitter problems in the brain. Some people with mercury poisoning have all MS symptoms from neuro problems in other parts. From what I've read, it depends where the mercury affects most, or where the person is most vulnerable, and varies individually. I had nervous disposition, so maybe aggravated the problem.

I've had shakes since I started having fillings, hypersensitive skin (like burn to the touch), migraines, pins and needles, numbness, sinus, infertility, hair thinning, night sweats, anxiety disorder, compulsion to blink, and various other things. I never realised until I listed them all lately how they are all related to mercury poisoning!

I might never know for certain if my anxiety disorder was caused by the mercury but I have a lot of symptoms, a lot of fillings, a lot of years of exposure (20) - and I'm looking into having the fillings removed and then going on detox. It's not enough to remove the fillings, the mercury needs to be removed from the body.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:26 PM   #15
    moniqu1
    (female)

moniqu1 HB User

I have never had a cavity in my life, but I certainly have anxiety!!!!!

Closed Thread