It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Tingling sensations-does anyone else get this?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-31-2005, 06:55 AM   #1
    crazygirl77
    (female)

crazygirl77 HB User
    Tingling sensations-does anyone else get this?

Hi Everyone
    I definitely have anxiety-especially about my health! Does anyone else get random tingly sensations? I'll just be sitting somewhere-or even in bed-and it feels like something is crawling all over different parts of my body. If I move around it stops for the most part...its so strange! Its not like pins and needles and something falling asleep...I am scared that this is from MS or something. Does anyone else have this? I know that its common to get tingling feelings during an anxiety attack but i'm not having one! Also, I feel like the back of my throat is numb-or I have something stuck on one side of my throat...could this be anxiety too? HELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 10:10 AM   #2
    princesscol
    (female)

princesscol HB User
    Re: Tingling sensations-does anyone else get this?

Now the throat thing I get from time to time and I do think that is anxiety. I get that feeling like something is stuck in there. I just keep swallowing and eventually it does go away and the tingleing is probably not MS or from anxiety. You could just have a pinched nerve or something. It is very common especially to people who have played sports. I have a girl I work with that get's the exact same thing and it starts in her foot. It is probably a nerve for sure. I hope I eased your mind a little. Don't worry you'll be ok

Old 05-31-2005, 03:30 PM   #3
    rucnateb
    (female)

rucnateb HB User

I get something like that it feels like there are ants crawling on your skin or mosquitoes biting you.went to the dr and they say its all in my head

Old 06-22-2005, 02:56 AM   #4
    phantoap
    (male)

phantoap HB User

Yes, yes! Almost exactly the same thing for me. It sometimes happens when I am sitting down for a good while and then I get that tingly feeling on my skin in all different places. Head, hands, stomach, could be almost anywhere. If I get up and move around it goes away after a bit. Recently I was driving for a long time and started to feel it. It was so obnoxious that I had to stop at a rest stop and shake it off for a while. I have no clue what it is. MS would be awful, so I really hope not! This sort of thing has been happening to me for years already!

Old 06-22-2005, 02:30 PM   #5
    ronmac
    (female)

ronmac HB User

I get the tingles also. It usually is in my left hand and arm which really scares me.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
    ryanak
    (male)

ryanak HB User

I get tingling sensations all the time in various parts of my body. I have bad anxiety, and have had very severe panic attacks prompting 911 calls.
    I am pretty sure I have tmj as well though, so I am not sure if this is the anxiety or tmj related...

Good luck!

Old 06-22-2005, 05:59 PM   #7
    phantoap
    (male)

phantoap HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryanak
    I get tingling sensations all the time in various parts of my body. I have bad anxiety, and have had very severe panic attacks prompting 911 calls.
    I am pretty sure I have tmj as well though, so I am not sure if this is the anxiety or tmj related...

Good luck!

Yeah, I wonder about TMJ because sometimes when the tingling happens I will also have difficulty opening my jaw the whole way. Once the tingling subsides, so does that. No pain or anything really terrible, though, so as far as TMJ goes I guess it would be a pretty mild case if that is in fact what causes that. Whatever the problem is, we seem to share it. That's good to know because no one else I have mentioned it to seems to know what I am talking about.

Closed Thread