It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Halcion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-28-2005, 11:09 PM   #1
    ms_seeker

ms_seeker HB User
    Halcion

Does anyone on here take Halcion, or is it pulled from the market? If not is it hard to find a doctor who will prescribe it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
    kaykay5
    (female)

kaykay5 HB User
    Re: Halcion

My doctor prescribed it for me as one of the attempts to cure my insomnia---I was trying everything. Unfortunately it did not work for me, I only used it two nights. I'm still trying to find something that will work. But for now just suffer with very little sleep. ARe you having sleep issues?

Old 06-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
    ms_seeker

ms_seeker HB User

I always have some degree of insomnia but at times it is out of control!! I was wanting to know if Halcion is still being prescribed these days. The benzodiazepines and Ambien and Sonata are the best for me but because I am young and my clinic rarely prescribes controlled drugs I only get them in emergency situations. That leads to much frustration as I think ER drugs become addictive, as the injections are usually stronger than the pills. Le tme know what is working and what is not. Was the Halcion recent?

Old 06-29-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
    kaykay5
    (female)

kaykay5 HB User

Within the past 4 months I have tried the folllowing for my insomnia---Alprazolam, Halcion, Ambien, Trazodone, Benedryl, Valerian, Excedrin PM, and Clonazepam. Even when I doubled up and took Ambein along with a benzo. Nothing would keep me asleep for more than an hour or two. I am currently weaning off of the Clonazepam because I don't want to be addicted to a benzo and I've been on it for 3 months. I'm ready to call my doc and see what else can be tried. (he pretty much gave up on me, said I was a complete puzzle)
    Good luck.

Old 06-30-2005, 06:48 PM   #5
    ms_seeker

ms_seeker HB User

Hey kaykay5, what about seroquel, remeron, or restoril?? even tranxene?? keep in mind that the antihistamines like benadryl and the one found in tyleonol and excedrin pm can actually cause some people more anxiety ans insomnia. ask your doctor if he agrees it can keep you up. also, i know EXACTLY how you feel. at least your doctor is trying to work with you. mine doesnt!!!!! this will make no sense, but i have noticed that when my insomnia takes hold and after about 48 hours i can feel the effects of the drugs but no sleep. go as long as you can go without pills to sleep. then when you do fall asleep you may only get a short amount of rest. but then try taking a dose then. it makes a small difference with me. i write this not to replace a doctor's instructions, but as someone who knows your agony. please continue to post what is happening. it's none of my business, but maybe we can eventually overcome this.also, i get very creative in my writing so if you like writing or another activity indulge yourself into it on these restless evenings. that way you will at least be productive. good luck and god bless you!!

Closed Thread