It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• zolft................so tired,any others?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-07-2005, 08:00 PM   #1
    chris0531

chris0531 HB User
    zolft................so tired,any others?

I'm on 100 mgs zoloft take in morn,but very tired during the day,considering taking at night,any others with same prob? Thx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2005, 08:15 PM   #2
    GatsbyLuvr1920
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
    Re: zolft................so tired,any others?

Yup, it was really bad, but thank God it's getting better! I seemed to be the worst when I was on 50-75 mg last year. I'm not a sleeper, naturally. I'm the type of person who can go to bed at one in the morning, get up at six, and go the whole day- I actually did this on Tuesday. I hate to sleep, so when the medicine started making me like a zombie a year after I started taking it, life wasn't good. I didn't feel like me, and the medicine made me depressed (I'm using it for OCD, by the way, and I don't have depression). Now, I'm on 150 mg- I'm upping to 200 mg next week so I can start CBT- and I'm, amazingly, feeling like my old self, despite the much higher dosage. I was going to try taking it at night, but since I have such strange sleeping habits, this wasn't an option. I usually fall asleep every night with my glasses and bedroom light on, and while on the Zoloft, it was impossible to control my sleeping. I would literally get home from school at three, sleep until five thirty, be up until eight-ish, then sleep until morning. This, of course, was hell for doing homework, and I'd have to wake up at five in order to have my homework done by seven. So, I continued taking it in the morning. If your doctor suggested taking Zoloft at night, I'd give it a try. It might work for someone with normal sleeping habits. Still, I learned my lesson- I switched to Lexapro, which not only made me even more tired, but did absolutely nothing for the OCD to boot! I love Zoloft- I felt a difference the first day I took it, but I wouldn't advise switching to something else if Zoloft seems to work for your anxiety. I look at it this way: which would I rather have, chronic fatigue or obsessions? I'll take the fatigue anytime! LOL!
    -GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 07-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
    starznmyeyes
    (female)

starznmyeyes HB User

I've been taking Zoloft for two weeks now and surprisingly haven't felt tired like I did with Effexor XR. The only side effect I've had so far is nausea the first couple days when I increased the dosage from 25 mg to 50 mg.

Old 07-08-2005, 07:06 AM   #4
    buck4life15
    (male)

buck4life15 HB User

I started taking 50mg of zoloft about 4 weeks ago and I too have felt really groggy. It was worse 3 weeks ago than it is now, but the later in the day I take it, the worse it is. I have also noticed that I get cranky and my appetite has increased.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:32 PM   #5
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

zoloft effects everyone differently
    if it sedates you best to take it just before bed, some are stimulated by it and should take it on waking

Old 07-08-2005, 08:46 PM   #6
    starznmyeyes
    (female)

starznmyeyes HB User

hry, you are right. My friend was taking Zoloft for a while and she had insomnia. Funny how meds affect people so differently.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:54 PM   #7
    James925

James925 HB User

I've been on zoloft now for three weeks and feel very tired all the time. Last saturday i woke up around 8:30am from a nice sleep went about my day and took a nap at 11am-1pm. Funny how i took a nap before noontime. Today was even worse, i got out of bed at 10am and took a nap at 2pm-6pm. that sure wasted my day--a four hour nap in the middle of the day. Even during the week when i head to work in the mornings, i never used to need coffee to keep me awake, now i find myself drinking 2 or 3 cups just to feel a little bit less tired!

Old 07-10-2005, 08:45 PM   #8
    chris0531

chris0531 HB User

You've been on it 3 weeks? How many mg's? When I started on 50 wasn't too bad ,but had to go to 100 to control my anxiety/depression,what do you have ...anxiety? Is it helping control it? I started my full dose lastnight,I slept real good & was kinda tired today ,but not like before....I was mainly worried about the zoloft wearing off,I work until 8pm & need it at least till I get home...hate panicking at work.. ,thanks for the feedback ,I tried paxil & celexa before this ,but always took in morn without sleepiness,but....this is differant,those 2 didn't control my anxiety/panic properly tho....Chris

Old 07-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #9
    WandaP

WandaP HB User

I am on 100 mgs of zoloft and I noticed a huge weught gain which my Dr claims is not from the zoloft...
    so he ordered this blood work which I am terrified to follow through with.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:06 PM   #10
    sk777
    Veteran
    (female)

sk777 HB User

Been on 100 mg zoloft for 4 yrs. Originally I switched to celexa because zoloft was making me tired but then went back to zoloft because celexa stopped working. I understand lexapro is better than celexa. You'll probably get used to it after a few months, though I do feel a little tired, it hasn't bothered me so much as to stop taking it. I haven't tried taking it at night because I don't feel tired just after taking it. Prozac was definitely more zippy (drove me crazy), Paxil was like taking sedatives.

P.S. Zoloft is notorious for causing weight gain!!!

Last edited by sk777; 07-11-2005 at 07:07 PM.

Closed Thread