It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety?? Or What??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
    Biyak123
    (female)

Biyak123 HB User
    Unhappy Anxiety?? Or What??

I need some feed back. I am really desperate! I have been having many symptoms :
    -Shortness of breath/hard to breath /breathless
    -sore neck and shoulders
    -balance/dizzy when I move my head or walk/light headed/feels like walking on unlevel ground..like in a boat.
    -weak and tired
    -occipital head pain and discomfort in that area
    -ear pain and ringing
    -burning tongue
    -sore throat/feels like something in it
    -difficulty swallowing
    -sensitive scalp
    -blurry eyes/light sensitive/trouble reading/glasses don't feel right
    -difficulty falling asleep,staying asleep/not much sleep(withdrew from a benzo during the part year and have been free for 2 monnths)
    -spaced unreal feeling
    -short term memory problems
    -concentration bad
    -thinking out thins difficult

I have been to the ER twice thinking I had heart problems. They checked me out and brought up Anxiety.

I had an MRI of the brain..nothing unusual.

I was put on meds for GERD ..acid reflux and hiatus heria (which I do have.)

ENT ..said it was tight throat muscles likely caused by Anxiety.

Temporal Artery Biopsy..result came back negative. ESR an CRP were normal.

GP ..put me on Noritriptyline and told me to walk etc. That it could likely be Anxiety.

Medi Clinic Dr. twice within the last week when I went with my symptoms. Both said that it sounded like Anxiety.

Surgeon who did Biopsy.".you worry too much"

Rhuemetologist( two different ones)...Both said that it sounded like Anxiety and possibly Fibromyalgia.

Generalized Anxiety Class..I took this throughout the winter and spring when the first person said it could be anxiet

Psychiatrist..says it is Anxiety and OCD.

Can Anxiety cause the symptoms that I have??? If you have similar symptoms PLEASE let me know.

I think the uncertainty of these all being symptoms of Anxiety makes me more anxious because I keep thinking I may have some illness that they have overlooked and are calling it Anxiety.

HELP. BYIA

Last edited by Biyak123; 07-13-2005 at 04:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 04:00 PM   #2
    WannaBeFreeToRoam
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
    Re: Anxiety?? Or What??

Hi BYIA,

You probably do have anxiety/stress disorder or something by a different name. Your GP, psch, or rheumatologist should have given you some meds for anxiety. They really help most people. They help me (valium and now lexapro). Also, if you have not already, check out some books at the library about stress/anxiety and learn how to cope and breathe. The combination will help you alot! Hope you get some relief and help.

Wannabe

Old 07-13-2005, 05:15 PM   #3
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

Sounds like an anxiety disorder to me. I have a lot of the same symtoms you described. I agree with ToBeFree that you should have been given some meds for the time being.

Old 07-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #4
    Biyak123
    (female)

Biyak123 HB User

Americandancer- Could you tell me what some of your symptoms are? As I said in my post I am paranoid that there is something physically wrong because of the symptoms.I have tried so hard to find out.

What symptoms that I have are you experiencing or have ? BIYA

Old 07-13-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User

I have had and still get all of the symptoms you listed EXCEPT for the "burning tongue," and I have generalized anxiety disorder.
    I understand your fear I was terrified before I knew what was going on.
    I still till this day 11 years after being diagnosed get scared to death over new symptoms that appear sometimes.While it is always best to get checked out if you feel anything new try not to worry too much it makes it worse.I know that is easier said then done believe me i know lol.
    I would say it is most likely anxiety disorder plus all those doctors believe it is anxiety.You have had all those tests done.If I were you I would try to believe it is indeed anxiety and relax best I could.If those symptoms still persist or get worse and you feel you cant handle it then you should ask about medication to help you.

I am not on medication right now but my anxiety isnt that bad.I get on medication again when it hits hard and i cant function right.
    really though if it is that bad please ask your doctor about medication to try there are sooo many different ones and sooo many that have helped alot of anxiety sufferers.

good luck to you and take care

Old 07-13-2005, 07:21 PM   #6
    Dave-K
    (male)

Dave-K HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Biyak123
    I need some feed back. I am really desperate! I have been having many symptoms :
    Bikya123,
    I had many symptoms but the ones I can remember are:
    Dizzy, Light Headed, heart palpatations, my chest hurt (thought I was having a heart attack), Panic type feeling, If I left the house I would get panicky... I can't remember the others off hand.

I went to the hospital, they did a full blood work up and ekg and everything was fine. I went to my doctor who sent me to a cardiologist. I had a Halter Monitor, EKG, Echocardiogram, Nuclear Stress Test and T-Wave Alternative done... all were fine. I finally told my regular doctor although I am very relieved that everything turned out fine, I still have the anxiety and it worries me when I drive my son home from school.

The doc put me on Lexapro (10mg) and to me, it was a "wonder drug". He actually upped the dose a bit as I still have the anxiety attacks from time to time.

I'm not a medical doctor but if all the doctors are saying your fine and that it is anxiety, you might want to have something perscribed for you. I mean, I thought for sure something was wrong with me even after all the tests were run but the lexapro cured that :-)

I also cut out caffeine and quit smoking at the same time. I think it was a good scare (as I was a smoker) but I never want to go through what I went through for that month.

Dave

Old 07-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #7
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

Let's see....I have had shortness of breath/breathlessness, dizziness,the spacey feeling, ringing in the ears, difficulty swallowing, sleep problems, difficulty concentrating. I guess about all of them. I agree it is probably anxiety and you should try to relax and not worry too much. I know....easier said than done. I think with all the tests being normal, you can relax and try to learn how to better deal with the anxiety. Exercise and no caffeine should help. I'm still trying to learn how to deal with it. Are you on any meds now?

Old 07-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #8
    Biyak123
    (female)

Biyak123 HB User

I am not on any meds for anxiety now. I was on clorazepate for about 25 years. Last August I started tapering it . Around Jan. my GP gave me Clonazepam to finish tapering. I then could not get off the clonazepam without tapering. It has been about five weeks since I quit completly. I take 100 mg Fluvoxamine (an antidepressant that I have been on for 14 years after an abusive 2nd two year marriage..I have not been taken off it.)I also take 30mg of noritryptyline for chronic pain.

These do not seem to help with what is happening to me now.

Because I took the clorazepate to sleep at nights as well as other times and now take none I cannot sleep. Really like maybe a couple of hours in total if that per night. I rest my body but sleep? No.

I really feel rough and the Drs don't really understand. Saying the word anxiety is one thing but then just saying don't worry doesn't help.
    The psychiatrist would likely give me a med but after the terrible time I had for almost a year to get off a benzo I am so afraid to take something like that again.

Help! Biya

Old 07-14-2005, 07:14 AM   #9
    Jitterygal
    (female)

Jitterygal HB User

This is just a thought--you say you're taking an antidepressant now and have been for 14 years? It could be you've experienced "poop-out" from the drug--the same happened to me from taking Zoloft for about 4 years--it just quit working and I had to try a couple of other meds before I found one that worked...Check into that--it could be your answer...Hope you get better!!

Old 07-14-2005, 08:56 AM   #10
    jjules
    (female)

jjules HB User

Hello, I agree with jitterygal. I would try something new. I certainly think you are having alot of anxiety which could possibly cause all these symtoms. I wish you best of luck. Jules

Old 07-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #11
    SirReal
    (male)

SirReal HB User

For me, the dizzy/lightheaded stuff is my main problem. you described it well with the feeling like you are on a boat. I obsess about it and that is all I can think about. Lexapro has helped a lot with the obsessiveness. these boards are one of the best discoveries also.

Closed Thread