HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Anxiety (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/)
-   -   Has Anyone Experienced Chest Pain While On Zoloft?? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/304918-has-anyone-experienced-chest-pain-while-zoloft.html)

TexasWildRose04 07-16-2005 04:57 PM

Has Anyone Experienced Chest Pain While On Zoloft??

I was just wondering if there is anyone that has experienced chest pains while taking Zoloft?? I had experienced a problem the other night or atleast about a week ago....that sent me to the ER , confusion, severe sedation, clumsyness, slurred speech, and also experienced chest pains for about 4 days... They did a CAT SCAN (of my Head) Did blood work, took chest XRays, and did a EKG... ALL NORMAL... but told me to stop the Zoloft.. So I did....and they thought it was also due to a build up of the meds I have been taking... Methadone, Adderall, Zoloft, Zanaflex...So I am being weaned off all these meds, went to my Pain Management doc the next day, and she told me to go ahead and continue the Zoloft, I had started taking it again, have taken it for a week, and noticed yesterday that the chest pain have started again..

Has anyone else been on Zoloft and experienced Chest Pains??

Think I will call my Pain Management doc Monday and tell her I am stopping it again due to the chest pains, and that I want to try something new for the anxiety/panic attacks...

Any info or input would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks.....TRose

hry33 07-17-2005 02:03 PM

Re: Has Anyone Experienced Chest Pain While On Zoloft??

it seems zoloft isnt for you but maybe you need a complete review of all your meds and perhaps a new doctor
zoloft is one of many prozac type meds so I wouldnt take any more of these

TexasWildRose04 07-17-2005 03:10 PM

[QUOTE=hry33]it seems zoloft isnt for you but maybe you need a complete review of all your meds and perhaps a new doctor
zoloft is one of many prozac type meds so I wouldnt take any more of these[/QUOTE]

Ive had a complete review of my meds....thats why they are weaning me off of them......Im perfectly content with my Pain Managemet Doc... I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced chest pains while taking Zoloft....because I hadnt taken it for a few days and the chest pains stopped, but when I started taking it again, after about a week they started up again....I had read that one side effect can be Chest pains.... im just curious how long it stays in your system... I didnt take it today, I did yesterday... still having some pains in the chest off and on....

Anyway if anyone else has experienced this... please let me know... Thanks

TRose

2 Worried 07-17-2005 03:54 PM

I was thinking of zoloft to help my anxiety for chest pains go away and now I see this :confused:

Jitterygal 07-17-2005 05:08 PM

What may cause side effects in one person may not cause them in another--so it's worth trying out to see if it will help!!! Don't just assume that because one person had trouble with it that everyone does...Give Zoloft a try if you want!!! It really helped me when I had panic disorder. :jester: Best wishes, Jittergal