It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• what is giddiness?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2005, 03:08 PM   #1
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User
    what is giddiness?

I recently saw my dr. about severe dizziness spells I have been having. He didn't say anything to me about "giddiness", but he put "dizziness with giddiness" as the assessment and diagnosis on the check out sheet. What does he mean by that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
    Punkdizzle
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Punkdizzle HB User
    Re: what is giddiness?

it pretty much means lightheaded... at least thats what the definition of it is..
    i always thought it ment hyper like a little kid or something.. guess i have been using it wrong all these years..

Old 07-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #3
    bocana
    (female)

bocana HB User

I first heard of the word from Dr. Claire Weekes books. She uses it to describe (ones) feeling that the sidewalk is uneven, or that buildings are swaying. That things are swirling making it hard move about. Different than dizziness, where one might feel it in your head.

I get this alot and it usually triggers my DR/DP feelings. She explains it is stress affecting your balancing mechanism. It is a disturbing feeling!

Old 07-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #4
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User

hey thats good to know.I always thought it meant hyper /unable to sit still too like when some of us with anxiety disorder figget alot.
    I still get giddiness then lol sometimes it feels like im drunk when walking and going to fall over.

take care

Old 07-29-2005, 07:08 PM   #5
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

I always thought giddiness meant hyper or silly. I do feel light headed, so that would make sense. But, I am really having dizzy spells! Can that really be from anxiety? I just find that one hard to believe. I mean, it's really there...I can't make it stop by trying to relax or calm down because I don't even know when it is going to happen. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse.....

Old 07-29-2005, 07:57 PM   #6
    Punkdizzle
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Punkdizzle HB User

yeah anxiety can cause you to feel dizzy.. that isnt uncommon at all.. i get dizzy alot when i am really anxious..

Closed Thread