It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Prozac\Xanax Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2005, 09:28 AM   #1
    AliRah
    (male)

AliRah HB User
    Prozac\Xanax Question

Hi Everyone,

My doctor is trying very hard to get me off the Xanax. I have problem with most of the medications that he has given me such as effexor, remeron, fluvoxamine and Paxil.

I had such a bad reaction to effexor that I ended up in the hospital.

He has now prescribed me Prozac drops(5-10 drops) daily 20mg.

My dosage of Xanax after 6 months has not changed much..5 mg three times daily and sometime even less.

I was advised that I can take Xanax and Prozac.

I also have bone\joints condition that requires me to take NASID and Pamidronate infusions, which make me more anxious during my flare-ups. My condition is very rare and most doctors have never heard of it.

I would appreciate any feedback anyone can provide me about Prozac, as I am concerned with long-term usage of Xanax but since my anxiety and panic attacks are a lot better, I really do not want to mess things up with starting of Prozac.

Regards,

Ali

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Prozac\Xanax Question

prozac is the same type of antidepressant as paxil, if you have problems with it reduce the dose for a while
    xanax will help you get used to it

Old 08-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #3
    bondgrll
    (female)

bondgrll HB User

HI Ali,

Just a little reply for you. I started Prozac like you did (about 8 months ago)with the drops and slowly worked my way up to 10MG. All this time I have also been on 1MG of the Xanax XR (extended release). I've never had to increase it or take anything else for anxiety/panic. I do not plan on changing this routine for the time being. I'm still befuddled as to why many people don't take the extended version of Xanax...it has such a longer half life and the relief is all day long with no breakthrough. There's Zero anxiety...only relief. This is a great combo. Keep us posted.

L

Old 08-07-2005, 05:34 AM   #4
    AliRah
    (male)

AliRah HB User

Hi,

Unfortuntaely Xanax XR is not yet approved in Canada. I am going to start the drops(5) tormorrow and see how things go.

Regards,

Ali

Closed Thread