It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Worrying and Dizziness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
    hfd154
    (male)

hfd154 HB User
    Worrying and Dizziness

Hello all! Back again. So this is my question/dilemma. I have no doubt that i suffer from anxiety and a touch of agoraphobia. But there is definetly some health anxiety in there too. I worry about every little ache and pain and think it's some big problem. My main concern most of the time is the feeling of disequillibrium/off balance. I know this is a symptom of anxiety. My question is: By me dwelling and thinking about it all the time, is that making the dizziness worse? Is the excessive worrying about every ache making it worse? Does just excessive worry about anything cause dizziness? Everytime I have an ache i think that it's the cause of my dizziness. Knee, toe, finger, whatever. Basically, in short, Is me worrying all the time about everything causing my dizziness? Thanks to all that reply.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2005, 11:02 AM   #2
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User
    Re: Worrying and Dizziness

yes our brains are very powerful and if you obsess on a symptom or symptoms it will surely make it all worse.I have this problem too,but no where near as bad since taking Lexapro.I am deffinitly not saying it is all in your head because you do really feel these things but it is from anxiety/stress rather then a real organic problem.Are you taking any medication? or therapy?
    The meds have greatly reduced my symptoms.

Old 11-05-2005, 11:12 AM   #3
    hfd154
    (male)

hfd154 HB User

Hey, thanks for replying. I'm not using any meds. I have been using herbs and supplements and exercising and they seem to be helping. It's not as bad as it used to be but it lingers. Someone else told me something similar to what you said. That if you worry and obsess on a symptom that your mind can make you feel it? I guess with anxiety you don't wanna believe that is true. It seems that i worry about being dizzy alot of the time. Guess maybe me thinking about and worrying is causing it? Hope to hear back from you.

Old 11-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #4
    stcarlsen
    (male)

stcarlsen HB User

how long have you been dizzy, and how often does it come? i have a similar problem.

Old 11-05-2005, 12:01 PM   #5
    hfd154
    (male)

hfd154 HB User

It depends on the day. Some days its non existent and some days it feels like i'm dealing with it all day. I gotta start keeping a journal or something maybe i'm doing something wrong on the bad days/ Or maybe i'm just bored on the bad days. How about you?

Old 11-05-2005, 04:52 PM   #6
    hfd154
    (male)

hfd154 HB User

Anybody else out there with an opinion? would like to hear more about this off balance/disequillibrium thing

Old 11-05-2005, 05:35 PM   #7
    bocana
    (female)

bocana HB User

when I go shopping, I get a really dizzy/off-balance feeling. It isn't really panic (I just responded to describe anxiety in one word, and I said electric shock).

Rather, this is a super annoying and limiting feeling. Sometimes, I feel I'm going to topple over. I am beginning to think it is a vision problem. For example, if I look at a rack of all the various soups, I get this spinning feeling, like I can't stand to read all the labels. Or shopping for jeans; looking for my size and style as they are all stacked up gives me major unsteadyness.

It has gotten really bad recently. And where my anxiety/panic was an inner problem, now it feels so physical.

Old 11-05-2005, 06:18 PM   #8
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User

mine changes like that too it can be typical anxiety/panic attacks and then change to all physical symptoms making me think something is seriously wrong with me health wise.I remember having the unstedy feeling 24/7 though it was as if I was drunk all the time.When id walk I felt like I was gonna fall over,but others said I appeared to be walking fine.Also to answer your question from earlier yes if you focus too much on the dizziness it can prolong it and or make it worse.Make sure you let your doctor know about this ongoing dizziness/unsteady feeling though.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:27 PM   #9
    hfd154
    (male)

hfd154 HB User

Has anyone ever experienced like a weird pressure feeling in there head? I guess you could call it a head rush but with like an electric shock feeling in your head that goes with it? It only last for a few seconds. It kinda feels like your head is filling with air and being and being shocked at the same time. Hopefully this post made sense to someone...lol.

Closed Thread