It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Missing a klonopin?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
    Ms_T
    (female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User
    Missing a klonopin?

Hi Everyone, I have been taking .5mg of Klonopin at night to sleep, and I have a huge fear that I will forget a dose, or I didn't take it. What happens if you miss a dose, how long before you may get withdrawals. Any experience.
    Ivy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #2
    bulletinboard25
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

bulletinboard25 HB User
    Re: Missing a klonopin?

How long have you been on it? .5mg is a relatively low dosage, and I doubt you'd experience many withdrawl symptoms, if any at all if you stopped taking it.

.5mg of klonopin=1mg of xanax. Every psychiatrist I've talked to says anything 3mg's or less of xanax, they don't taper.

I think you'll be fine.

If you're concerned, talk with your doctor...

But, you are taking a very low dose, compared to someone who uses them for seizures.

Old 11-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #3
    Ms_T
    (female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User

Your words of wisdom have helped me more than you know. I have been taking .5mg at night for sleep and anxiety about sleep for nine years and I have a huge fear of withdrawal. I spend a lot of time worrying that I forgot to take my pill etc, etc. and then work that up until I feel like I am having withdrawals. As you can imagine, this makes me dread the next night, because I am afraid it will happen again. I have just been getting a huge amount of ocd based on this fear and it is a new fear so I am having trouble conquering it. Thanks again for your insight it is much appreciated.
    Ivy

Old 11-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
    CyberNick
    Veteran
    (male)

CyberNick HB User

Missing a dose, especially if you take it for sleep, won't do much. I'm tapering off now and I take .5mg a day as well but in the morning (most of my anxiety is when I first wake up).

.5mg a day, like bb25 said, is pretty much the lowest prescribed dose of Klonopin you can get. I'm on week 3 of 4 for my tapering schedule, and it's been going fine.

Old 11-10-2005, 05:28 AM   #5
    Ms_T
    (female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User

Why are you tapering if there is no problem at that dose? Are you just making sure? Also, how are you tapering off such a small dose? What is your tapering process? Thanks again for all the help.
    Ivy

Old 11-10-2005, 09:21 AM   #6
    CyberNick
    Veteran
    (male)

CyberNick HB User

I'm tapering because I'm also on Paxil. I originally was taking only the Klonopin for my anxiety, until my doctor recommended an SSRI instead. Paxil ended up working really well for me, but I was afraid to stop taking the Klonopin because I finally felt good again.

My taper schedule is just cutting the pill by 20% each week. First week take 80%, second week 60%, etc. This was recommended by my doc. I'm basically tapering because I don't want to deal with any probable side effects, even though .5mg is a very small dose. I'm on 40% right now, and it's been going well.

Closed Thread