It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Blood clot fear!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-23-2005, 01:15 PM   #1
    cmsaint
    (female)

cmsaint HB User
    Blood clot fear!

I have health anxiety, a Hypo bigtime. . The last few days my upper thigh has been hurting and I noticed a briuse there and since then my anxiety has been BAD! My heart races and I get hot flashes so I immediatly think its a clot that will travel to my lungs . Anyone else has this same fear?

Also to maybe make me feel better, does anyone know the symptoms and do mine sound like it?

Tender thigh where its bruised
    No swelling
    No redness
    Low back pain
    Hurts worse when I stand and walk
    Doesnt hurt worse when I flex my foot

THX

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: Blood clot fear!

might help to go to a nearby hospital and ask a nurse or doc to look at it
    tell them of your hypo problems and say you are looking for reassurance that it isnt serious
    hypochondria is a serious disabling problem and I wish the medical profession would take it more seriously

Old 11-23-2005, 07:51 PM   #3
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User

yes! that has been my latest worry ......my meds are helping a whole lot so i dont obsess over it but i do worry some.my symptoms have been

stinging,stabbing pains in left arm,hand,bicep
    I have felt the same pain in the left side of my chest once and my neck
    seems like I have some loss of feeling in my hand and then I feel the strength rush back into it
    one of the veins on the top of my hand sometimes looks as if it has a small knot in it that comes and goes
    so yeah your not the only one my immediate thought was "oh god do i have a blood clot?"

I havent been the doctor myself I no longer have insurance and cant afford to go right now

anyway I hope yall have a nice thanksgiving

Last edited by tnmomofive; 11-23-2005 at 07:53 PM.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:56 PM   #4
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User

Hi I am sorry to hear this, I also always have a constant fear anyway one good thing to do is a test on your legs for peripheral artery diease, they put a cuff on you rlegs an dit lets the doc know if you have a clot on you rlegs i went to a place called healthfair they do a bunch of heart tests including blood clot tests and this PAD cuff test for only $179 check them out they are nationwide and its so worth it they do an ekg, heart ultrasound and about 5 more tests.

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-23-2005 at 09:28 PM.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:59 PM   #5
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

checking this will ease your anxiety a little but to tell you the truth I have had a million tests done and stil worry about it, so the anxiety will not let me stop worrying its horrible, but anywya get checked and at least make sure your ok and that its nly your anxiety causing this. good luck

Old 11-23-2005, 09:03 PM   #6
    1 girl
    (female)

1 girl HB User

I feel your pain, I just get tired of complaining. I feel it travel to different areas of my body, my hand my feet my back my legs I wonder, perhaps taking asprin will help us both as it is a blood thinner that could eliminate blood clots.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:04 PM   #7
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yes its terrible, I also have hypothyroid and that itself causes a bunch of bad symptoms but of course the anxiety worsens it all

Closed Thread