It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Q? about side effects from Risperadol

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-02-2005, 07:52 AM   #1
    kkelly
    (female)

kkelly HB User
    Q? about side effects from Risperadol

Hi,
    I am new and have been suffering from anxiety and depression for most of my life, but everythig got significantly worse after my son was born 2 years ago. I have tried many medications. I have been on Lexapro for awhile (20mg/day) which is working well for my depression, but I still have a lot of anxiety. I was on Zyprexa and it made me gain a lot of weight which was upsetting me, so my doctor just switched me to Risperadol. Now he is away for two weeks on vacation, and I am having very weird side effects from it. Has anyone else experienced wide effects on Risperadol and do they get better? I am really thinking about just going off of it (I've been on 1 mg/day for a week, taken in 2 doses a day - .5 mg each dose). I am experiencing a lot of sleep disturbances, very vivid nightmares, horrible nausea and just a general feeling of being disconnected - I just don't feel like myself. It's a very strange feeling and I don't like it at all. My doctor left a number of a backup physician for while he is away, but I feel weird calling him because he doesn't know anything about me. I have only been on the R. for a week, so I am wondering if I should just go off of it or try to stick it out. I hate the way I am feeling though. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #2
    SRMom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SRMom HB User
    Re: Q? about side effects from Risperadol

I don't know about that medication other than I read it is an anti-psychotic for bi-polar and schizophrenic patients. The side effects you describe sound similar to the trouble I had with Paxil. My doctor said to stick it out a month, and I did, but I never felt better and he took me off of it. The withdrawal was horrible too. Now I only take Xanax for anxiety, but I'm lucky because I didn't have the depression with it. I hope you feel better soon...if you can't stand it, tell your doctor and have him step you down...don't just quit cold turkey.

Closed Thread