It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Just a few questions a/b Anxiety..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
    Kiyuri07
    (female)

Kiyuri07 HB User
    Just a few questions a/b Anxiety..

I was curious if a foggy, lightheaded feeling might be a symptom of anxiety? Or even pressure in your head, as if theres a huge rubber band around your whole head? I'm curious, 'cause I've been having those feelings lately. And if it was ANYTHING, I would rather it be anxiety, lol. I've been told by other family members, who also have bad anxiety, that I have it to. I've been looking at this {REMOVED}HUGE list of symptoms that some people who experience anxiety may have & I have ALOT of them.

I was wondering if I made a list of some of the stuff I've been going through, if someone here with anxiety or knows alot about anxiety may tell me something? I'd really appreciate it.

- First off, I'm a 20yo female.
    - Weak & lightheaded
    - Foggy mind & pressure feeling in head
    - Lower tummy hurts & sometimes I feel very nervous (in my tummy)
    - I worry alot
    - I have these "spells" where I become very lightheaded, horrible stomach ache, sweating alot & very bad twitches & muscle aches
    - Since I've had those spells, I've been very anxious & scared and worrying all the time
    - I have no energy what so ever & doing regular chores sometimes make me lightheaded

I would really appreciate any help or advice, thanks.

{Read and follow the posting rules. No links to websites. Ms_Mod}

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-02-2006 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Read and follow the posting rules. Do not post links to websites. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #2
    MommaBee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MommaBee HB User
    Re: Just a few questions a/b Anxiety..

Time to see your doctor to get evaluated. Could be a number of things. Best to find out by a professional.
    Take care!

Old 01-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #3
    stillhopefull
    (female)

stillhopefull HB User

Wow does that sound familiar!! I have been struggling with this for awhile now/ For two days I have been so weak and body hurts.. doctors say its all anxiety,, I have had dizzy spells. room spins(vertigo) and literally scares me, I feel like I am dying, of coursse one of my fears with anxiety is of dying or havingf some horrible disease

Old 01-02-2006, 12:21 PM   #4
    tucker73
    (male)

tucker73 HB User

This happened to me on New Years day.

It all started out on New Years eve before a party my wife and i were going to. Pain in the chest right through to my back. We went to the party any way. ( stupid ) at 11.20 we went for home because it hurt to breathe. I put the heating pad on my back and it felt better so i went to sleep. The next day ( New Years day ) i awoke and it was better so we prepared to receive friends fo dinner. All of a sudden i got the pain back along with ringing in my ears and a light headed feeling. I called the meat wagon and got a ride to the hospital. they did a battery of tests and came up with the term " non specific". I was in the unit for 6 1/2 hours. i hope the rest of the year is better. Got a appt. with a heart guy, we'll see.

Now, having said that i'm wondering if it is not anxiety also. I have been taking Ativan in varying degrees for 25 years. I was off it for about two months in 2004 and am trying to get back off it again. i was perscribed to me for Phantom pain and the Doctor told me at the time that it was a safe drug but he didn't bother to tell me that it was so addicting!! I too have anxiety but i'm thinking that the feeling i have is largely due to trying to get off the pills.

Old 01-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
    lindsalou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lindsalou HB User

The headache sounds like a tension headache. Alot of your symptoms are typical of anxiety, BUT only a doctor can diagnoise this.
    Anxiety can be both physically and emotionally draining leaving you feeling like youve no energy.
    Its always best to seek a doctors opinion though if only for reassurance that theres no physical reason for your symptoms.
    Good luck
    Linds

Old 01-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #6
    Kiyuri07
    (female)

Kiyuri07 HB User

Well, stillhopefull, at least we aren't alone. =) It's weird how alot of doctor's blaim everything on anxiety? I mean, it could be for all we know.. but I still don't understand how anxiety could cause sooo many weird things, you know? =\ And I share the same fears as you.

Ah, tucker. I hope everything is getting better for you and you soon find out the problem for the back pain. =\

Thank you, Lindsalou.. I've heard of tension headaches but never knew exactly what they were. How do you get rid of them? =\ And secondly, why on earth do people get them?

Old 01-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #7
    lindsalou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lindsalou HB User

Hi,
    I get a lot of tension/stress headaches. They are mainly caused by over tensing the muscles in the neck and scalp (which a lot of anxiety sufferers do). I get relief from paracetamol and applying a heat pad to my neck.
    Hope this helps.
    Linds

Old 01-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #8
    Kiyuri07
    (female)

Kiyuri07 HB User

I dunno, I've been reading about tension headaches and I don't think that's what I've been having.. it just feels like pressure inside my skull ALL OVER my head. It feels like someone is pressing down on my scalp or something & it makes me really lightheaded & dizzy sometimes. =\

I start my 2nd year of college in just a few days and I'm really scared I won't be able to attend?.. I mean, the lightheaded & dizziness is very bothersome. =\ I guess me worrying isn't helping it either. Actually, I noticed when I'm stressed my headaches & stuff are alot worse. Actually, alot of my symptoms are worse. =\

Closed Thread