It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Night Sweats...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
    sarah5432
    (female)

sarah5432 HB User
    Night Sweats...

I've been on Lexapro for a few months and just this week I started getting night sweats. Its so bad that I have to change my pj's when I get up because I'm damp. I'll wake in the middle of the night feeling my wet, sticky legs and arms, stomach, ect. Has anyone else experienced this?

I do have a virus right now with stuffy nose, cough, ect and have had a fever but thats gone now and I'm still getting the night sweats that I never had before. Its annoying and gross.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User
    Re: Night Sweats...

Well unless your going through menopause,or its from that virus then I would say its the old anxiety again I have had this happen to me before a few times too.

Old 02-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
    MmeMulot
    (female)

MmeMulot HB User

Yeah, it happens to me, too. My doctor said her top three suspected causes for night sweats are anxiety, anxiety and anxiety.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
    sarah5432
    (female)

sarah5432 HB User

Thanks I needed to hear that. I don't have a fever anymore and I'm still having the night sweats but I do still have the stuffy nose and cough so the virus is still sticking around. My hubby is a hypochondriac (I know, bad for an anixtey-ridden person!!) and he says its a sign on lukemia. LoL I'm not worried about it, but if it continues to last I'll call my doctor and see what he says. I'm just sick of having to change my pj's at least once every night.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #5
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

if the lexapro is working properly, and sometimes it doesnt work at all, your anxiety will be much reduced
    many things can cause night sweats, including an overheated bedroom, too many blankets or even AIDS
    see doc soon

Old 02-06-2006, 11:37 AM   #6
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User

Luekemia? wow I bet that made ya feel better lol I really wonder about men sometimes and mine ALL of the time lol.Anyway, it is a good idea to get checked out by your doctor if it continues like you said.I sure hope you feel better real soon viruses are ICKY bleck...by the way how are you feeling otherwise? does the Lexapro seem to be helping with the anxiety at all? If not you can be changed to another med

take care

Old 02-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #7
    kasmpow
    Inactive

kasmpow HB User

I have night sweats right before my period that's when my anxiety is also worse

Old 02-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #8
    PeskyRabbit
    (female)

PeskyRabbit HB User

Night sweats are on the list of anxiety symptoms posted by the moderator and so are hot flashes and sweating in general. I think they can be a sign of illness if you are running fevers at night and not feeling well over all. Are you feverish when you wake up? About every six months or so, I'll have that happen to me right before I start my period, but I also have hot flashes during the day around that time too. My gyno didn't think anything of it when I mentioned it to him. I did change pills about a year ago and that seemed to help them. Ask your doctor if sweats are a side effect of Lexapro.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #9
    mjewell
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Sweats ARE a side effect of Lexapro Sarah, and i have been having them on and off since I have been taking lexapro. I have never had them before in my life until i started taking lexapro. No, you do not have Leukemia or Aids, geez people.

I do think it's weird that they haven't completely gone away since I have been on the lex for almost 5 months now, but I'm not too concerned. At first it was almost every night for the first few weeks, now it is like one night a month that it happens. I don't feel anxiety at all anymore, so i know it isn't anxiety. Just a Lexapro side effect.

Old 02-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #10
    sarah5432
    (female)

sarah5432 HB User

The Lexapro is working wonders for me! It has completely illiminated my panic attacks and I have very little anxiety. Most days I have no anxiety. I don't even notice anymore side effects of the Lexapro other than some fatigue from time to time.

I know I don't have lukemia, aids, or anything like that. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced these night sweats like this. I've been on Lexapro since early October and never started having this symptom until about a week ago. And its been every night since. I keep waiting to see if it goes away so I know it was from this virus that I have. I feel much, much better today so I'm hoping I don't have the sweats tonight.

If I do, I think I may make a call to my doctor tomorrow and see what they say.
    I don't think its anything serious though. I think that right there is a sign that the Lexapro is working. 3 months ago had I read your responses, I would have flown right into a major panic attack!!!

Old 02-07-2006, 06:47 AM   #11
    dinney
    Veteran
    (female)

dinney HB User

I"m sure some of the posts would have FREAKED me out also, I don't want to hear "what it could be" need positive feed back. I too am doing the sweating at night thing (not every night but most nights) and I"m not on anything but xanex (1/2 at bedtime to help with sleeping). Two in my family are having heart problem symptoms and seeing cardiologists on Friday ! I"m HAVING a REALLY bad day thinking I am having heart problems (nothing new for me) but I'm trying to settle myself down here at work. Yea right ! I have acid reflux and having problems with that but this a.m. felt a little dizzy, short, sharp chest pains and now I'm making myself think I'm having trouble breathing (but am bloated this right now for some reason)..God I hate this ! Could someone just help me settle down for lords sake. Have had test after test after test (none recently) work out 3 times a week at the gym, try and eat healthy but there is a family history and I DO smoke about 1/2 pack of smokes.

Closed Thread