It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• irritability

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
    PeskyRabbit
    (female)

PeskyRabbit HB User
    Angry irritability

I feel like I'm in a bad mood often and little things irritate me a lot. My husband says I'm grouchy all the time and negative, where I didn't used to be. I have GAD and I guess that's all part of it, but I hate feeling like this. I'm always very nice to people and most people that don't know me well say I'm always in a good mood. It's people that I'm close to like my husband and parents that notice it.

Last edited by PeskyRabbit; 02-05-2006 at 03:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #2
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: irritability

its better to think positive. some people enjoy being angry, both my parents did
    my brother is usually sulking or looking for any reason to take offence, I think he enjoys this too

Old 02-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User

hi pesky love the name I loved bugs bunny as a kid

anyway I get pretty grouchy too sometimes especialy if anxiety is high I guess because I am feeling so ruff and yeah I am more grouchy with my husband then anyone else when this way.I guess maybe it is the ones closest to us because we feel they will try understand and get over it.Of course if it carries on to long it can really cause problems in a relationship so my advice to you would be to just talk about what you are feeling with a friend or maybe even a therapist I know with me just getting it all out makes me feel somewhat better.I have a very good friend I met online almost 7 yr ago that I can vent to without any judgement whatsoever and her the same with me she is wonderful.I think a friend,and or therapy and this board could be very helpful to you.

take care

Old 02-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
    PeskyRabbit
    (female)

PeskyRabbit HB User

Thanks! I'm trying to work this week on not being so irritable with my husband. I feel bad because we have such a great relationship and my anxiety has been an issue with us lately....not a serious issue because he is very understanding, thankfully. He just feels like I'm not as positive and out going as I was when we first got married. He's not wrong and I know it isn't fair to him that I'm grouchy all the time. I've been seeing a therapist for a little while and that is helping some. She thinks I should try meds, but I'm so afraid to take them. I can't bring myself to do it so far. I just keep thinking I can feel better without them if I really try hard. It's so hard to be outgoing and want to do things when you are so worried all the time and anxious.

Thanks for the support, everyone!

Old 02-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
    Kit_Kat
    (female)

Kit_Kat HB User

Don't worry I have the same problem. But because my boyfriend says that he hates me being tetchy I try to hide it but it makes it worse, I would have thought you should be honest in a relationship! He says that I'm not the person that I used to be, but I guess life has taken its toll on me, moving out, my uni course and friends aren't as stable as when I lived at home. But I agree with what other ppl have said, just try and talk about it, either to your husband or someone else, if they care they will understand.
    Just wanted to let you know I know how you feel hun!

Old 02-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #6
    chrismom
    (female)

chrismom HB User

HI

I know exactly how you're feeling. This is my main complaint too. My husband, kids and parents feel the brunt of it. Most others think I'm the nicest person. This irritability coupled with depression are my biggest struggles over the last 5 years. THe stress of 3 young children has overwhelmed me and made me irritable and often times unable to feel many of the joys of parenting. I have tried many different antidepressants. Paxil seemed to help a lot with this, but I had bad withdrawal from it so wouldn't want to try it again. Wellbutrin makes irritability worse and now I'm on Cymbalta which is great for depression, but the irritability is not gone.

Does anyone out there know what type of med is best for the irritability component of depression/anxiety?????

I do think that talking to a therapist does help. Many times I just feel alone and suffering through a difficult life. Therapy helps put things in perspective.

Chris

Closed Thread