It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• anxiety and depression?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
    friendsfan
    (female)

friendsfan HB User
    anxiety and depression?

..just a question

I don't feel like I can define my mood problems to one category. I can have major panic attacks and it seems like my whole world is crashing down and then I can be so calm - almost numb. Sometimes I feel like nothing I do will matter and sometimes I feel like shouting as loud as I can just to relieve the pressure im having. It may sound like bipolar but I don't think so. I don't believe that I am superhuman or have "powers" or can do anything. I do sometimes have an incredible drive to do things but after a few mintues to hours it goes away. I have issues that I am constantly concerned about, if its not this - its that and vice versa. I feel almost that I don't want to change this way of thinking because then - what will I think about? If I try to think positively.. I have nothing to say. One of the major problems is that I am not happy. Just kind of a mild delight when it comes to funny situations. I feel almost like my medicine is dragging me down a bit but if i go off it for a couple days (ie. forget to take it) I feel so much withdrawal symptoms - I feel like i am going insane and its the worst feeling. I feel dependent on my meds.

Any feedback would be soooooooooo appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
    MagicSunshine
    Inactive
    (female)

MagicSunshine HB User
    Re: anxiety and depression?

Hi,

I usually post on the depression board, but like you, my anxiety is an equal part of my illness. It seems like they go hand in hand to me. It's been over 20 years that I have been treated for both. The panic attacks I have been blessed with are horrible, also.

Right now I'm coming out of a huge bout of depression. My Dr. put me on lexapro and it seems to be working. However, when I'm depressed I am also anxious. I take xanax and librium for my anxiety. Things are so complicated with both hitting at the same time. Like you, I have been tested a few times for bipolar, but that's not how I am. That was ruled out from the beginning. My depression never really goes away, but it gets easier to manage at times. The anxiety can come from out of the blue.

I hope you find some relief and please keep in touch....TC....Connie

Old 03-09-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
    emptyitis

emptyitis HB User
    Re: anxiety and depression?

sounds a lot like me too -- like energetic, enthusiastic highs of excitement that last a whole hour, if that, and then it's like "what the heck was i thinking?" or "what was i so excited and happy about?" cuz you honestly can't remember?

i'm new and haven't read all of the rules yet, so pardon my asking if it's not allowed, but about how old are you? you don't have to answer that if you don't want to of course.

um, yea, so back to what you were saying -- about your meds and skipping them for a few days -- i've heard that that's really ungood, but i'm not sure why. i know when i miss a day, or even don't take them by like a certain few hours of when i usually do, i get really weird feeling, like a kind of drunken state when my head feels like its floating off my neck and i get dizzy and/or tired as well. Have you asked your doc about weening off them? or trying a different kind of therapy that doens't involve drugs? i've always wanted to try massage myself.

Closed Thread