It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Constant Chest Pain!!! Is it all anxiety related???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
    AngelOfLight82
    (female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User
    Question Constant Chest Pain!!! Is it all anxiety related???

I have anxiety and experience all the usual symptoms. I even experience the extreme symptoms such as nausea and vomiting. I have always had the chest pain. What I'm trying to do is find out if my chest pain is all anxiety related or if it is something more. I have already gone down the route of seeing a cardiologist. They did an echocardiogram on me and came back normal. They also did the usual EKG, which was normal as well. I did all this a year ago. It is possible that my chest pain is arrhythmias as well as anxiety related. I just find it kind of weird that I experience chest pain almost all day everyday. I take Cymbalta 30 mg, Wellbutrin 150 mg (for depression & OCD) & Valium 5 mg (for anxiety).

If the chest pain was all anxiety related, shouldn't the medication I'm taking get rid of my chest pain???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #2
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User
    Re: Constant Chest Pain!!! Is it all anxiety related???

The pain is there all the time? What type of pain is it? Yes it is possible to be anxiety/stress and no the meds will not always take it all away.Maybe ask the cardiologist for a stress test with echocardiogram I just had one done a couple weeks ago for random left arm/chest pain that came up all normal but it really did help relieve some of my anxiety about my heart.Maybe it is chest wall injury or something its hard to say im no doctor but I understand your worry keep with your doctors about this there has to be something they can do.Have you tried deep breating?

Old 03-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

the cymbalta and wellbutrin often reduce anxiety but occasionally they dont work for a person, the valium could be upped as an experiment

a beta blocker med cauld also be tried
    it may be heartburn, a type of indigestion, see GERD on the net

I had daily heartburn as a side effect from NSAID meds
    try long soaks in a hot bath, also massage, a masseur can feel tensed and stressed muscles and work on them

Old 03-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #4
    allen_dave
    (male)

allen_dave HB User

How long have you been having the chest pain? Is it in your upper chest above the rib cage or more in the abdominal area? I have had abdominal pain for several years. It started several years after my anxiety started, and no "reason" for the abdominal pain has ever been found. I've had stress tests, EGD, colonoscopy, etc.

Last edited by allen_dave; 03-11-2006 at 10:46 PM.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:29 AM   #5
    Triple777
    (female)

Triple777 HB User

I have had chest pain for about a year and a half, almost constantly. I've had a stress test, EKG's, blood work, everything. They find nothing wrong. Some stomach medications have helped. I started taking Prevacid Solutab and that helped the left chest pain a lot, but it's not all gone. Is it all anxiety? Could very well be, just make sure you check everything out thoroughly so that you can have some peace of mind. Are you really stressed? Next I am going for an upper GI. I just want to see if there's anything else going on in there. A lot of people on here seem to have constant chest pain, so it's not uncommon. Good luck to you!

Old 03-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #6
    V_dubgurl
    Veteran
    (female)

V_dubgurl HB User

Chest pain has alot to do with stress and anxiety. I have had chest pain for the last 2 weeks on and off. The less I think about it the more it goes away. I can't express enough how scary this is!! I have had bw and ekg's done thats all and they have all been normal. No history of heart issues in my family. So the doc's pretty much just said its stress and heartburn. I have good days and bad days with it. I can't imagine having the chest pain for years. That has got to be horrible. Can't the dr's help you at all for that? Have you tried anti acids at all?

Closed Thread