It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Muscle Twitches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2006, 10:00 AM   #1
    Pointz
    (male)

Pointz HB User
    Muscle Twitches

I was just wondering who on the board gets muscle twitches and where they get them? And do you seem to get in the same places? I get mine mostly in my legs (thighs/calves) and sometimes in feet. Most of the time they are in upper thigh or right around my knees.

Last edited by Pointz; 03-18-2006 at 10:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User
    Re: Muscle Twitches

Hi Pointz
    I get deep anxiety and twitching in almost any long limb and some time facial.

im being treated at this time fro Lyme disease, once i started treatment i notice dthe twitching decreased alot.

With myself the twitching in the legs and feet usually accompanys restless legs at bed time.

Or after i have aserted use of legs muscles over and above usuall resting days

jules x

Old 03-18-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
    jjules
    (female)

jjules HB User

Hi, Last year when I started having lots of stress and anxiety I started having these muscle spasms all over my body and they freaked me out! I posted on another area because I thought I was coming down with ms or something horrid like that. A person told me what he had were called benign falsifications and said there wasn't much you can do for them and he didnt know what caused them. I asked my Dr about it and she never had heard of them. She really didn't have any solution for me either. Well they did subside for me but once again I am under alot of stress and a little anxiety (take Lexapro & Lorazapam) and they are back! So I guessing mine are stress related and maybe yours too! Much luck 2 ya! Jules

Old 03-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
    younggranny
    Veteran
    (female)

younggranny HB User

I'm pretty sure mine are stress related also..I can twitch anywhere..I've had lots of eye twitching, sometimes even my cheek and lip...upper arms, anywhere on my legs..I usually don't get to worried about it now, but at first i got terrible stressed out about it...thought forsure i was coming down with some terrible disease.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
    AngelOfLight82
    (female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User

Hello Everyone! I made a post in the depression forum about muscle twitching. I have been on a mission trying to find out what is causing my muscle twitching and muscle jerking. At first I thought it may be a neurological thing. Than I began to think it's an electrolyte imbalance of some sort. I recently went to a clinic to get this check out. They asked what medications I'm taking. They told me that Cymbalta (which is an antidepressant) that I'm taking can cause muscle twitching. They drew some blood for a Chem. 24. This blood work tests just about everything. It should tell if I have any imbalances that could be causing my muscle twitching and jerking.

{REMOVED}

This isn't just for Cymbalta, but for most antidepressants. I thought I would share this information with everyone. It's important to get your electrolytes tested if you are taking certain medications. I will know my results Tuesday. If my sodium is low, more than likely it is caused by the Cymbalta. I'll be sure to post my results. Take care!!!

{Don't copy and paste material from other sources. Ms_Mod}

Last edited by msmod; 03-18-2006 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Don't copy and paste material from other sources. If you want to share this information put it into your own words. Ms_Mod

Old 03-18-2006, 09:12 PM   #6
    msmod

msmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB User

Please read and follow all posting rules.
    Don't copy and paste material from other sources as this information could be copyrighted.
    If you find information that you want to share always put it into your own words.

Ms_Mod

Closed Thread