HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Anxiety (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/)
-   -   Lexapro??? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/377336-lexapro.html)

Mr. Jeff 03-26-2006 02:49 PM

Lexapro???

I have all the anxieties, (GAD,SAD, Panic , some agoraphopia, ect.) :eek: After years of avoiding SSRI's beacause they 1) just didnt seem to work then,and 2)the sexual side effects, my Dr. finally talked me into trying Lexapro. Has anyone had any luck with Lexapro? Keeping in mind I have not been on an SSRI in years, I am hoping that this just work. I also take 25- 50 mg. of Seroquel a day, it helps get rid of the "derealization" and I take Klonopi as needed
Does anyone think the Lexapro added will do the trick?
Thanks to all , Mr. Jeff

MagicSunshine 03-26-2006 09:31 PM

Re: Lexapro???

Hi,

For me lexapro worked great. It takes works on both anxiety and depression. I felt some better within days after starting it. The only bad effect it has on me, is it makes me sleepy. I started cutting them in half and taking half in the morning and the rest in late afternoon. I'm on 10mg. I also take 200 mg's of amiltriptyline. I really like the lexapro because it let me feel like myself. I didn't feel a big change in who I am, just the way it made me feel better the way I alreaey am.

I hope it works for you. Take Care.........Connie

tnmomofive 03-27-2006 04:44 AM

I took Lexapro for 5 to 6 months it worked well for me but took almost 2 months to work to its full potential for me I was taking .25 mg every am but I was able to stop taking Ativan altogether once the Lexapro started to work good and I felt normal again but like the last poster I was a bit tired at times

clill_IU 03-27-2006 05:11 AM

How about the sexual side effects though? When I was on Paxil, I lost everything....I think I'd rather be anxious than impotent. :-)

dwallech 03-27-2006 06:00 AM

Just make sure you do not have adverse reactions to Lexapro. I did, but alot of people don't. It is great as long as you can take ssri medications!

KellyDL 03-27-2006 09:59 PM

I take lexapro and it works great for me. It's the onlt one I've ever taken. I can tell a big difference.

clarissairene 03-28-2006 11:02 AM

I take Lexapro and it works great! Its the 3rd one Ive tried. I tried prozac for 2 days and thought i was going to die. I tried Celexa for 4 months and all though it did help with the anxiety and panic, i was not myself. I was moody, sleepy, didnt want to be with my husband. I would just snap. I was depressed so i got off of it. I started getting the panic attacks back along with major anxiety and thinking of death (not suicide, just scared of peoepl dying) and being depressed all the time. So I finally tried Lexapro.

I felt better within days! I know they say it takes 4-6 weeks, but i really felt better within 2 days! I have been on it now for 4 months and I am so glad I did it. I do have occasional panic attacks and i take xanax for that but they are not strong where i feel i have to go to the ER. Just where i need to relax and breath and take a xanax. So I have them under control.

My anxiety is under control! I no longer freak out about people dying or start crying and get scared. And I have no mood swings or snap at people. I can still cry... but only when i watch movies. Like when I fight with my husband or something... I cant cry. But i still feel emotions. With celexa I didnt.

And the best thing... I am more sexually active with my husband! I actually want to have sex now! I dont konw if its because my anxiety is under control or what but i do like to "do it" now!

Mr. Jeff 03-29-2006 12:52 PM

Re: Lexapro??? Thank you all

:wave: Thank you all for your answers to my questions about Lexapro.
I feel really encouraged after reading what you all said.
The one concern I still have is the sexual side effects I think I will start a new thread on that alone see if any thing helps the men.
Mr. Jeff ;)

cloverdaze 03-29-2006 09:07 PM

I was just about to ask about Lexapro. I started taking 10mg today. It made me sleepy first, then I felt a bit nauseated, then I sort of felt nervous for a bit, but not nearly as nervous as I do on my own or like when I tried Zoloft (that one did NOT work for me, I had to go to the ER to get sedatives). I think it would be better if I had some Klonopin for when that happens, but like I said, I guess it's not that severe. I hope it works for you and thank you for asking this question so I didn't have to!