It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Describe your headache

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
    pjcat
    (male)

pjcat HB User
    Describe your headache

For those of you who get headaches with your anxiety/panic attacks...how would you describe them? Mine usually start at the top of the back of my head and then sort of feel like pressure is building. I've thought maybe they are a tension headache...but I'm not sure.

I know they are the result of anxiety and not some other health problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
    V_dubgurl
    Veteran
    (female)

V_dubgurl HB User
    Re: Describe your headache

I have been getting headaches too. Not sure why just out of the blue for like 4 days now. Mine start at the back of the head and go to my forehead. Not a bad headache but enough to feel that I have one. I have been drinking decaf tea and coffee lately so im not sure if that has anything to do with it. Someone once told me decaf gives people headaches.

Old 04-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #3
    pjcat
    (male)

pjcat HB User

Yeah that's how my headaches are...and its interesting you should mention caffeine. I know that caffeine withdrawal can cause headaches, since you just switched to decaf maybe that's what causing yours....but mine go back to front as well.

Old 04-03-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
    tam2006
    (female)

tam2006 HB User

mine is pressure on top...it;s not like a headache it's more like tightness....i sometimes felt numbness in my head and ringing and vibration feeling in my ears and head too....it;s because our muscles are tight and tense......but i feel much better lately and headache is pretty much gone too......

Old 04-03-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
    bells000
    (female)

bells000 HB User

tam2006, that's exactly how I feel!!! I hardly ever find anyone who feels the vibration part of it!! I feel happy to know i'm not alone, but i'm not happy that we get these strange sensations. Even though I have been told time and time again that it's tension and stress I still find it hard to believe! Today I feel heavy headed, if I move my head from side to side it's like it shakes and moves inside and gives me an uneasy unstable sort of feeling, like disequilibrium sometimes i feel like i might stumble even though i never do. I feel also nauseous sometimes because it gets so bad, I also do get headaches sometimes with these feelings. Tell me more about what you feel?

Old 04-04-2006, 12:32 AM   #6
    tam2006
    (female)

tam2006 HB User

how long have u had if for and do u have it all day? mine was worse at night when i went to bad......my anxiety is getting better i am improving and so is the headache too but don;t feel 100% ....when u;ll have less anxiety it will get better believe me........

Old 04-04-2006, 03:36 AM   #7
    bells000
    (female)

bells000 HB User

I've had my headache symptoms for about 3 years, I used to get more anxiety, now I hardly get anxious, if anything when I feel really bad with my head symptoms then I develop anxiety from that, not the otherway around. I don't understand how I'm 99% better than I used to be with anxiety but I now have the terrible head symptoms?? It really throws me out of sorts when I get these really bad head days..

Old 04-04-2006, 04:50 AM   #8
    tam2006
    (female)

tam2006 HB User

3 Years Everyday? Do U Have It Constantly?did U See Doc About It?

Old 04-04-2006, 05:01 AM   #9
    alwaysaworrier
    (female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bells000
    tam2006, that's exactly how I feel!!! I hardly ever find anyone who feels the vibration part of it!! I feel happy to know i'm not alone, but i'm not happy that we get these strange sensations. Even though I have been told time and time again that it's tension and stress I still find it hard to believe! Today I feel heavy headed, if I move my head from side to side it's like it shakes and moves inside and gives me an uneasy unstable sort of feeling, like disequilibrium sometimes i feel like i might stumble even though i never do. I feel also nauseous sometimes because it gets so bad, I also do get headaches sometimes with these feelings. Tell me more about what you feel?
    I get that heavy headed feelling also and feel if I move my head from side to side that all thats inside moves!! Sometimes I feel as if my head is too heavy for my shoulders and it could fall off!! I can feel off-balanced also. My headaches can feel as if they are tension headaces - across my forehead.
    Maggie

Old 04-04-2006, 04:33 PM   #10
    Mr. Jeff
    (male)

Mr. Jeff HB User

I suffered for years with excruciating headaches that always started at the back of my head. Several questions for you do you get nauseated? Are they pounding? If so they may be migraines, might want to talk to the Dr. As of now if you think they are tension headaches, I really recommend over the counter Excedrin for Tension Headaches. It contains tylenol and some caffine(opens the blood vessels) The difference between Tension Excedrin and Regular or Migrane Excedrine is that they have asprin along with the other 2 ingred. I mentioned. I cannot tolerate asprin so that is why I suggest the one without. Its a safe over the counter medication that finally helped with those headaches. Good Luck MrJeff

Old 04-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #11
    SRMom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SRMom HB User

Excedrin is a great OTC med. I've had migraines and tension headaches for years and both types of headaches were usually related to my menstrual cycle. For tension, I'll take Excedrin and Soma (muscle relaxer). For migraine, I take Vicodin and Zomig (or Relpax, Frova, Amerge or Maxalt...all versions of triptan meds). The triptan meds are amazing...nothing works as well for migraines, in my opinion.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:33 AM   #12
    pjcat
    (male)

pjcat HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff
    I suffered for years with excruciating headaches that always started at the back of my head. Several questions for you do you get nauseated? Are they pounding? If so they may be migraines, might want to talk to the Dr. As of now if you think they are tension headaches, I really recommend over the counter Excedrin for Tension Headaches. It contains tylenol and some caffine(opens the blood vessels) The difference between Tension Excedrin and Regular or Migrane Excedrine is that they have asprin along with the other 2 ingred. I mentioned. I cannot tolerate asprin so that is why I suggest the one without. Its a safe over the counter medication that finally helped with those headaches. Good Luck MrJeff
    Yeah, mine do start at the back of the head...but I'm pretty sure they aren't migraines...just good ole Stress headaches. As far as medicine goes I usually just tough it out, but if they get really bad I just take good ole Ibproufin (sp.).

It is comforting to know though that these stress headaches I have been having are virtually identical to everyone elses

Closed Thread