It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• SSRI and bed wetting?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2006, 01:44 AM   #1
    BroncoII
    (male)

BroncoII HB User
    SSRI and bed wetting?

This is really enbrassing I'am 20yo with anxiety. I finlly went to the doc awhile back he gave me paxil Cr 25mg worked great but I heard it was so hard to withdraw from I stopped taking it. It allso made me pee to bed at night. Not everynight but offten. I stoped taking didn't have a bed wetting problem anymore.So I was still haveing anxiety went to the doctor. I never told him about bed wetting I was too freakin embrassed too. I tryed lexapro which made me so freakin tired within aweek I peed to bed. Has anyone ever did this? I tired watching how much I drink before bed time didn't help. I stoped lexapro and haven't peed to bed snice. I have a doctors appointment this thursday and I'am going to tell him about it and tell him I quit taking becasue of it.

Crazy huh?

Justin

Last edited by BroncoII; 04-05-2006 at 01:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
    SRMom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SRMom HB User
    Re: SSRI and bed wetting?

I think you should tell your doctor about this problem. I know it's embarrassing, but doctors hear everything...you wouldn't believe some of the embarrassing things I've had to tell my doctor about. Maybe there is another medication you could use besides SSRI's for your anxiety or a prescription that would help your overactive bladder.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #3
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    Re: SSRI and bed wetting?

you really should tell the doc everything, write a note and ask him to read it perhaps
    antidepressant meds can effect the bladder as a side effect but usually they make urination more difficult or in some cases stop it, some such as imipramine are often used to stop bedwetting
    paxil and lexapro are both prozac type, but there are several other types of antidepressants to try that may not cause the problem

Closed Thread