It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Can physical exertion make you feel ill/crappy/weak when you have GAD/Panic Disorder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
    mr_panicky
    Veteran
    (male)

mr_panicky HB User
    Can physical exertion make you feel ill/crappy/weak when you have GAD/Panic Disorder?

I am 278lb and a very sedentary person with mild asthma, I really don't do much physically.

I finished cutting my lawn from hell today and my pulse when I walked in was 125 bpm and I laid down for 10 min and took 2 mg of Niravam and it dropped to 85-90. I ate 4 pieces of veggie pizza and my pulse was back up to 100 so I laid back down and my pulse went back down to 90 lbs.

My wife came to bed I wont mention details but my pulse afterwards was flying at least 125lbs and it dropped to 90-95. Right now I am at 80bpm but I just feel icky and I took 1 MG of niravam just now which was 6.5 hrs after I finished the lawn.

Can the intense exercise exertion make me feel like feces or just plain crappy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
    srak34
    (female)

srak34 HB User
    Re: Can physical exertion make you feel ill/crappy/weak when you have GAD/Panic Disorder?

I too have GAD, and certain things make me feel like that but not really physical stuff, now worrying about getting the lawn done would dot that to me, I would get it checked out to make sure!

Last edited by msmod; 05-09-2006 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #3
    mr_panicky
    Veteran
    (male)

mr_panicky HB User
    Re: Can physical exertion make you feel ill/crappy/weak when you have GAD/Panic Disorder?

You mentioned getting it checked out.

I have passed a delbutamine nuclear stress test, echocardiagram, several ekg's, and a treadmilll test all for my heart plus my Dr had me do a physical w/bloodwork 2 mos ago.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #4
    msmod

msmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB User

When replying to a post it's not always necessary to reply with a quote.

)If you are the first person to reply to a thread quoting the post is not needed.
    )If you refer to the poster by name, quoting the post is not needed.
    )If you are clearly responding to the last poster, quoting the post is not needed.

If there maybe some question as to what post in the thread or what part of a post in a thread you are responding to, using the quote feature is fine.
    But, in doing that please don't quote an entire long post just to answer one question.
    Please only quote the part of the post you are responding to.

Using the quote feature when it's not neccessary clogs up threads, can make them pages longer than they need to be and takes up server space.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Ms_Mod

Old 05-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #5
    (s)aint
    (female)

(s)aint HB User

I don't know if this exactly relates to what you're talking about, but physical activity often makes me feel kinda sick/crappy. When I exercise, I can't do a whole lot at once because when my heart rate gets going, I often get this icky sick feeling. I've had an echo on my heart as well and apparently I'm fine. Seems as though you've been tested extensively and as long as your Dr says you are okay, I'm sure that you are. Your heart rate increases and decreases many times throughout the day, doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong with you. I know its difficult, but if possible, try not to pay so much attention to your heart rate and try cutting back on taking your pulse. It will only cause more worry, when there most likely isn't any cause for concern.

Old 05-10-2006, 04:15 AM   #6
    srak34
    (female)

srak34 HB User

Im not really sure if you have had those tests, maybe mention it to your dr.
    take care!

Old 05-10-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
    mr_panicky
    Veteran
    (male)

mr_panicky HB User

I did have all of those tests. All came back ok.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:01 AM   #8
    MrsLee
    Veteran
    (female)

MrsLee HB User

In my experience, exercise actually calms me and makes me feel better. After a good workout, I feel pretty peaceful. But before I got into better shape, exercise did make me feel like ----. It's normal for your pulse to go up when your activity level does, and vary a bit throughout the day.

I'm glad your tests came back normal though, and I hope you find an answer to your question.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #9
    MrsLee
    Veteran
    (female)

MrsLee HB User

Mr panicky - I just thought of something else.

I was reading through the other threads and read the one about weight loss and all the changes you have made to your diet (which are awesome, by the way - way to go).

Could it be that you are not eating enough? If you are not taking in enough calories to fuel your body, physical exertion could easily make you feel terrible.

Closed Thread