It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anyone here also cant stop worrying about going crazy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
    russainwolf03
    (male)

russainwolf03 HB User
    Anyone here also cant stop worrying about going crazy

Hey everybody, i have been suffering from severe anxiety/panic attacks for the last 3 months. Right now i feel horrible and cant seem to relax because i constantly feel like im going nuts and cant stop worrying about me going crazy. Does anybody else feel like this or am i really just going nuts. No matter what i do im convinced that im crazy and actually think im hearing things or see things but i really dont. For example i'll be with my brother and we'll be in my room and some noise will come from outside and i'll ask him if he heard that and he says yes but its like that all the time. I always have to ask him or the person im with just to assure myself that im not crazy or hearing things. Also, it seems like my brain is always bored or something like that and just feels like its going 1000 mph with random thoughts and quotes from movies or music ive heard throughout the day. Just hoping that im not the only one out there with this problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #2
    Punkdizzle
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Punkdizzle HB User
    Re: Anyone here also cant stop worrying about going crazy

wow that was exactly me about a year ago! that was my main worry that i was going nuts.. id always ask my wife "did you hear that?" the answer was always yes.. i finally broke down and got on some meds (not saying you have to) and it helped me out tons, calmed me down enough so that my anxious mind had a chance to reason with the racing thoughs of "oh no i am going nuts!" or "did i really just see that or hear that"

sorry you are going through this, i have had anxiety for 12yrs now and it stared out with health worries and once my mind got bored worring about that i was fine for a while then i started worring what if i am crazy.. and turns out i am not.. and i dont think you are either.. crazy people dont think anything is wrong.. but anxiety can sure fool you into thinking you are.. hang in there try to keep you mind busy and off of the "what ifs" (hard to do i know) and if you feel like its to much you can always talk to your Dr about it.

i also use to get the random movie quotes and songs running through my head.. the thoughs were so loud and came with such force i thought i was hearing them.. but i wasnt.. i knew i wasnt but my anxious mind would not let me believe myself.. hope that made sense..

Last edited by Punkdizzle; 06-02-2006 at 12:14 PM.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
    russainwolf03
    (male)

russainwolf03 HB User

Oh man, thanks do much for the reply. I swear i thought i was the only one but thanks that does make me feel alot better. I tried so hard to battle this without any meds but it got to the point where i would not leave my room or bed. Now i still am a little like that dont really go anywhere and try to stay home and occasionally go to the gym. Im on 30mg of remeron, 10mg of celexa and .50mg of risperdal at night and .25mg in the morning. I just recently started the risperdal last night and seems to be working and Dr is getting me off the celexa. His diagnosis is serve anxiety disorder and maybe be bipolar but he not sure of that yet. Well just have to wait and find out. Again thanks for the reply, hopefully that will battle off all those retarded thoughts, :-)

Old 06-02-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
    SRMom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SRMom HB User

Hi wolf...welcome

I don't think you're going crazy...anxiety can make you in a hyper-alert state where you hear and smell things that other people may or may not. All your senses are heightened because of the fight or flight hormones that surge unnecessarily in people with anxiety and panic disorders. I hear and smell things all the time that my family doesn't. It worked to my advantage one time when our old dryer caught fire in the middle of the night and I was the only one who smelled it and woke up...the smoke alarm hadn't even gone off! A good lesson not to use the clothes dryer after you go to bed...lol

Last edited by SRMom; 06-02-2006 at 02:28 PM.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #5
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

panic attack sufferers dont go crazy so try to worry less

Old 06-03-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
    *Lai*
    (female)

*Lai* HB User

I went throught that last year. I was going through a ruff period and had a lot of problems and tough decisions to make and from all the stress and worry i just broke down. Then after that for the next 8 months or so, i was waking up everyday in a state of fear, it was like something was different in my head, i kept thinking i was going to go crazy. Well, my pdoc diagnosed me as having generalised anxiety disorder (a few months later) and gave me some meds, unfortunaley they made things worse. I was hallucinating, having nightmares and just shaking, all due to side effects. After 8 months or so, i got abit bettter, something turned around in my hed and i was back to the way i used to be, but then i went into what i know now was a manic episode and 2 months later i was diagnosed as Bipolar (after being hospitalised).

I also suffer from anxiety pretty bad. I can get very paranoid about getting ill, kinda like hypocondria (sp), so i'm having trouble at the mo to decide what to apply for at uni. When i learn about illnesses i can sometimes aply them to myself and loved ones and that adds extra anxiety and stress. Also, I always think my heart is going to stop at night and i'l die in my sleep and i always think the worst of things.

Anyway, i'm going off the topic abit there, but i would like to say, try not to worry about thinking your going crazy, It maybe that lots of anxiety is building up inside and your senses are everywhere. Are you under any extreme pressure or stress right now? Maybe your medication is making you the way you are. Make sure you discuss everything with your pdoc and try to put yourself at ease with everything.

I dont think the doctor can diagnose you as bipolar untill you experience a manic episode, however, the manic episode can often have symptons of feeling irritable.

I wish you all the best with everything and i hope you get better soon. Sending lots of hugs your way. Take Care.

xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Saw it, wanted it, threw a fit, Got It!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by msmod; 06-03-2006 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Please re-read the posting rules as to why part of your post was removed. Ms_Mod

Old 06-05-2006, 01:13 PM   #7
    lilnervous
    (male)

lilnervous HB User

thats the main thing i hate about anxiety like when somebody talks to you but your too busy thinking about your pulse then you come back in half way threw the conversation but your lost..lol..then your like oh wait wait i didnt understand what did you say then you insist they tell you the whole thing again cause if they dont you feel like your nuts i alaways think its ocd but whatever i know i feel like im losing it if i dont hear something the correct way

yup just my .02

Old 06-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #8
    SteveGn
    (male)

SteveGn HB User

russainwolf03, The fear of going crazy is very common among anxiety/panic sufferers. All my research, which includes having spent a lot of time on another message board, is that the worst that is going to happen is that you can make yourself very very uncomfortable thinking about such negative thoughts, but you're not going to go crazy. This fear was my biggest problem several months ago. I thought I was about as close to hopeless as a person could get, especially since I seemed to be developing various "triggers" almost on a daily basis. I'm a positive person, but it seemed I had dug a hole that was getting deeper and deeper by the day and had gotten too deep for me to pull myself out of. It didn't help any that I thought I was the only one going through this, so I felt that I was on uncharted waters and no success stories to find comfort in.

I finally started researching and saw that I couldn't go crazy and also started practicing "not thinking" about those kind of negative thoughts, as well as practicing "mindfulness", which is a form of meditation during everyday living. It was extremely hard at first to feel like I was getting anywhere, but with perseverance, I started to see that I actually had mental control over my thoughts. This new knowledge kept my hopes up enough for me to stick with the practice and I suddenly found myself having more and more moments of zero anxiety. (before starting the practice, I was in a state of acute anxiety, with occasional panic attacks, every awakening moment, and sleep was next to impossible). There eventually were times when I wouldn't even be thinking about the subject of anxiety/panic and the accompanying negative thoughts (that would've seemed like a miracle at one time).

As time went on I was rarely experiencing any anxiety at all. Occasionally I may still have a moment of concern, but then I "catch" myself and realize that I've let my mind wander off to one of the old negative thoughts. With time though, these negative thoughts lose their power as long as we don't keep feeding into them. Thoughts are only energy, like everything else. Hope some of this helps. Steve

Closed Thread