It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• "Burning" sensation..does it happen to anyone else?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
    (s)aint
    (female)

(s)aint HB User
    "Burning" sensation..does it happen to anyone else?

This has only happened a few times, but it kinda weirds me out haha. It usually starts with a heavy feeling in my stomach or nausea. When things go wrong with my stomach, it makes me panicky because I'm afraid of throwing up. So when I feel sick, I do some deep breathing to keep myself calm. A few times when this has happened, I've gotten this really warm burning sensation that starts in my stomach and travels to my chest and arms. It usually only lasts a couple minutes, but it is so weird. This has never happened to me before, does anyone know what this is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
    paranoidgirl
    Inactive
    (female)

paranoidgirl HB User
    Re: "Burning" sensation..does it happen to anyone else?

yep, my whole body, chest up. and i freak out... its lasts about 20 seconds..... i alwyas think it means i'm gonna faint, but i think it is just panic,, at least that what my doc says...

Old 06-09-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
    Jitterygal
    (female)

Jitterygal HB User

I had that when I first started taking my med, it was on the bottoms of my feet and on my butt!!! But it went away eventually--I'm not sure if it was the med or the anxiety...

Old 06-10-2006, 07:57 AM   #4
    pulltab
    (female)

pulltab HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by (s)aint
    A few times when this has happened, I've gotten this really warm burning sensation that starts in my stomach and travels to my chest and arms. It usually only lasts a couple minutes, but it is so weird. This has never happened to me before, does anyone know what this is?
    That is exactly what has happened to me. It's like a flutter of heat that takes over and fills up your chest and is really intense. From what i've read and other stories, and mine including, they say that one of the symptoms of anxiety attacks. Apparently it's the sensation of adrenaline and your pulse increasing together that causes that feeling in your chest. It's really scary isn't it?

Old 06-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #5
    (s)aint
    (female)

(s)aint HB User

Whoa thats so weird haha. I'm just glad to kow its not just me that feels that though. I swear, the more I learn about anxiety, the stranger the human body seems to be.

Closed Thread