It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Has anyone taken the max of Zoloft?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-11-2006, 05:53 AM   #1
    jzzlvr13
    (female)

jzzlvr13 HB User
    Has anyone taken the max of Zoloft?

I have recently(seven weeks or so) started Zoloft for anxiety and a bit of depression. I have worked up to 100 and still have no response...no side effects, a little lessening of depression but no effect on anxiety. Nothing really big time. I am going to work up to the max, 200 mg, 25mg at a time and see if I just need more than most. That is the case in most instances with meds. I am quite resisitent as well as have little problem coming off meds. Has anyone been up to 200mg, the max, and how did you do?
    Thanks,
    Barbara (Sun Jun 11 8:50 2006)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
    Aschatan
    (female)

Aschatan HB User
    Re: Has anyone taken the max of Zoloft?

Hi jzzlvr13

I've been on Zoloft, 100 mg for 2 months.
    And like you never experienced any side effects (maybe a little weight gain...not sure).... lessening of depression, but not for Panic, which I get when I'm traveling on the road. (I'm agoraphobic).

So, I told my doctor this, and we both agreed on, if it hasn't helped me all the way as I expected, especially for my Agoraphobic panic, I should quit Zoloft,
    and try another.

I just started Paxil about 3 days ago. I hope it will help better than Zoloft !

So yeah....I NEVER did go to the max. Maybe I should have, and waited a lil longer.
    But how long are ones supposed to wait, eh ?

I would at least wait it out until you've been on it for like 2 months or so.
    Talk to your doc for increasing the dosage though.

Good Luck !!

Old 06-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
    CircusSquirrel
    Veteran
    (female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

I was on 200mg for about 3 years. Zoloft helped me the most with the least amount of side effects, it was kind of a tradeoff, I had tried many meds and I decided I had to take something, so I found Zoloft worked out best for me. I got much, much better for over a year and came off all my meds completely, this year I've gone back on my meds but I can't seem to get past 50mg of Zoloft. Each time I raise the dose I become VERY anxious and jittery. Don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or it just isn't working the same as it used to. Now, I was on 200mg but it wasn't like that completely eradicated all my anxiety. I still had to take valium on an as needed basis. My side effects at 200mg included some sexual side effects and a sort of blase attitude, like I wasn't as motivated about anything as I should be. Of course, your mileage WILL vary, as meds, and these meds in particular, work differently for different people. I will say, however, that there is some research that indicates that doses of Zoloft above 100mg offer no additional benefit for panic patients, but as usual, that's one study and you know how that goes!

Old 06-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
    jzzlvr13
    (female)

jzzlvr13 HB User

Thanks for the input. With this anxiety every morning, I find that having to wait for weeks to know if an AD will work is very difficult. That's why I'm going to take the Zoloft to the limit to see if it will kick in at some level and I won't have to go through it time after time. I'm hoping it will work. I have had two morning with less anxiety and I'm not sure whether what I have is really the same anxiety or anticipation of it after so many mornings of waking up at 5:00 with this horrid feeling. I've gone from 2 1/2 mg of xanax to 1mg per day. That seems a good sign. Wish me luck.
    b

Old 06-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #5
    camp808
    (male)

camp808 HB User

Yes, I tried the max of zoloft and it put me in a mania state! All jittery, high strung, irratible, feelings of granduer, etc. Presently, I'm on paxil 60mg and 30mg of buspar. I think the buspar has worked miricles for me in the anxiety arena, s l o w l y, as i started taking it 2 years after starting paxil.

Last edited by camp808; 06-11-2006 at 11:39 PM.

Closed Thread