It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Wierd stomach noises

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-14-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
    Ryan1212
    (male)

Ryan1212 HB User
    Wierd stomach noises

Every since this aniexty thing has taken over my life, I've been hearing loud gurgling sounds in my stomach, even when i'm not hungry. Anyone else have the same problem?Going to see one of those stomach doctor tommorrow and going to see what it is. I really hope its not stomach cancer or some crap like that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
    Maya80
    (female)

Maya80 HB User
    Re: Wierd stomach noises

Hey, I have that all the time, when i wake up my stomach is growling, after I finish eating my stomach starts digesting the food right away, at night I can't even sleep on my back because the noises are so loud, so I have to turn over. I have a fast metabolism that much I know, but the medicine I'm sure affects it in some way and when you're anxious I believe your system is working faster creating all those noises in your stomach.

I'm sure you're fine, but to just clear your mind go see the doctor so you can relax a bit more, let me know how you make out.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
    shootme

shootme HB User

Could this be IBS? Do you get the noises in quiet places?

Old 06-15-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
    mizplaced
    (female)

mizplaced HB User

could be IBS.I have those noises predominately from the middle to left side. It is common among people suffering from anxiety and or depression.It will often include diarhea and or constipation,sometimes switching back and forth.Sometimes it will cause you to need to have a bowl movement during or right after eating and or several times a day.It is not a disease but rather a condition which can be helped with diet changes and relief from stress..Do not assume you have it though without talking to your doctor as these symptoms could be signs of other conditions.Your doctor can diagnose it and explain it better.
    take care ....Mizzy

Old 06-15-2006, 02:01 PM   #5
    dridlen
    (female)

dridlen HB User

I have the same problem and it is embarrassing. I know what you are going through.

I know mine is cause from anxiety because when I go somewhere that I am uncomfortable or somewhere that it is really quiet my stomach makes gurgling noises. When I am comfortable in my surroundings then it doesn't do it.

I hate it, in fact so much that I don't go to many places where there are a lot of people in an enclosed space. Hope that makes sense.

D.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:31 PM   #6
    shootme

shootme HB User

Is there anything that works?

Old 06-25-2006, 03:05 PM   #7
    aquarius72
    (female)

aquarius72 HB User

wow. wow...okay, i'm new to this board and just saw this post. i have suffered from anxiety/panic attacks since i was a little girl. i actually quit high school senior year because of what you're talking about. i've tried to block it all out of my mind because it's so painful to think back on. i would sit in class (silent classroom during actual work time) and my stomach would just be going nuts...it was the most humiliating thing EVER. i can't tell you how many times i begged the teacher to go to the nurse. i could never concentrate because of it, and in turn, was held back junior year...finally senior year i just couldn't take it anymore. the only thing that would semi-help would be to take a shot of my dad's whiskey before school (but the effect wouldn't last long). i pray that this problem doesn't afflict my kids. i would be devastated. to this day i have to sleep with a sound machine in our room because my stomach still does it. i remember praying to god every night during my school years "god, please make my stomach better...no stomach noises tomorrow please". breaks my heart to think back on....i was always too embarrassed to talk about it (although i think i mentioned it to one doctor during high school and he just told me to take gas x....he said it sounded to him like gas trapped inside the intestines...well, that did NOT WORK. i've never even thought of attributing it to my anxiety...wow.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:55 PM   #8
    dridlen
    (female)

dridlen HB User

I hate this problem too. It really has affected what I do and do not do in my life.
    I soooooo know what you are going through.

I have tried everything also. (The gas x didn't work for me either) I have tried having my stomach full, having my stomach empty and everything in between. Irritating. I don't know what to do about it.

D.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:56 PM   #9
    CONFUZEDMIND
    (male)

CONFUZEDMIND HB User

i GET THIS ALOT, BUT I'VE COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT ITS JUST ANXIETY, BECAUSE YOU CAN HAVE ANXIETY ANYWHERE IN YOUR BODY, ITS UNBELIEABLE, IF YOU CONSTANTLY THINKING ABOUT YOUR STOMACH, YOUR ANXIETY WILL GO THERE

Last edited by msmod; 07-23-2006 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:59 PM   #10
    bulletinboard25
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

"Rumbling noises" do not constitue an IBS diagnosis, at all. There is nothing in the Rome Criteria that lists, "loud rumbling noises when nervous" as a diagnostic marker; IBS is a BOWEL disorder (ie. diarrhea, constipation.. etc.).

Old 07-23-2006, 07:08 PM   #11
    msmod

msmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB User

CONFUZEDMIND,

Please don't post in all caps.

Thank you,
    Ms_Mod

Old 07-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #12
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User

Anyone try chammomile tea or peppermint tea? Both are supposed to be stomach calming. Worth a shot and no harm done if it doesn't work.

Closed Thread