It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Who else is having success with taking Magnesium?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2006, 07:54 AM   #1
    dinney
    Veteran
    (female)

dinney HB User
    Who else is having success with taking Magnesium?

Read the posts about the benefit of taking magnesium..love to hear from you, any side effects? Thanks so much..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2006, 09:54 AM   #2
    SteveGn
    (male)

SteveGn HB User
    Re: Who else is having success with taking Magnesium?

Dinney,
    A couple of the posts you read were mine. I haven't had any side affects. Its well worth trying. I take the combo capsules - calcium 1,000 mg, magnesium 400 mg, and zinc 15 mg. They apparently compliment one another, thus the reason they're combined. There are many posters on another website who think highly of magnesium. Mostly they mention benefits relating to heart function (lessening of palpitations, etc.) anxiety levels, as well as GERDS.

Last edited by SteveGn; 06-15-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
    dinney
    Veteran
    (female)

dinney HB User

SteveGN~thanks for the info. So you can find one pill that has all 3 ingredients in them ? I am seriously wanting to give it a try and pray that it will help me with the anxiety/palps. Just so "freaky" about pills/side effects as they ALL seem to bother me. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
    bocana
    (female)

bocana HB User

I've been taking a combo that has equal amount of calcium to magnesium. 1000 mgs. of each. I take 500 in the am and 500 before I go to bed. I do find it takes the "edge" off. Especially the am dose.

I tried taking just a magnesium supplement alone, but was worried I was screwing up my calcium needs.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #5
    lena_33
    (female)

lena_33 HB User

Magnesium is not a pill but a vitamin that comes naturally in food. It's not really something you can over dose on, and you will get signs that you are taking too much, such as runny stools. Don't fret about taking mag... it's very safe and might be one of the best things you do

Old 06-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #6
    *Lai*
    (female)

*Lai* HB User

I used to work for holland and barrett and from what i can remember the best supplements to take for anxiety are B vitamins, especially B12, i think. It was a while ago so i'm trying to remember. I cant really remember much about mag tho. Sorry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Saw it, wanted it, threw a fit, Got It!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:24 AM   #7
    dinney
    Veteran
    (female)

dinney HB User

Lena 33:

Sorry I know that magnesium is a vitamin, just referred to it as a pill. Thank you for your input and will start taking it with the calcium today, started with 250 mg. once a day just a couple of days ago. It is sure worth a try.

Closed Thread